Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthe bible and the sun:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13321
13321, the bible and the sun:
Posted by osoclasi, Sun Jul-01-01 08:13 AM
Here are some verses that show what the Bible says about the sun:

Duet 4:19 and when you look up into the sky and see the sun, the moon and stars- all in heavenly array- do not be enticed into bowing down to then and worshipping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under the heaven.

Duet 17:3 and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods bowing down to them or to the sun, of to the moon or the stars of the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. Vs 4 If this is true vs:5 take the man or women who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death.

Isa 47:13 All the counsel you have recieved has only worn out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make prediction month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble the fire will burn them up.

2 Kings 23:5 ( this is a section about King Josiah renewing the covenant) He did away with the pagan appointed by the kings of Judah to burn incense on the high places of the towns of Judah and on those around Jeruselem- those who burned incense to Baal, to the sun and moon, to the constellations and to all the starry host.

Jer 8:2 ( this what happens to people who worship the sun)They will be exposed to the sun and the moon and all the stars of the heavens, which they have worshipped. They will not be gathered up or buried. But will be like refuse lying on the ground.

Eze 8:16 ( The Lord is revealing things to Ezekiel in the temple)
He then brought me into the inner court of the House of the Lord, and there at the entrance to the temple, between the portico and the alter, were about 25 men. With their backs toward the temple of the Lord and faces toward the east, they were bowing down to the sun in the east. vs:17 He said to me, "Have you seen this,son of man? Is it trivial matter for the house of Judah to do the detestable things they are doing here?