Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThe answer to the question regarding Jesus and Lucifer....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13312
13312, The answer to the question regarding Jesus and Lucifer....
Posted by guest, Mon Jul-02-01 08:59 PM
Very interesting question....something that I looked up on my own, before even noticing it on Okayplayer.com. My questioning had to do with where did the phrase Lucifer come from and why do we associate it with Satan or the Devil...in looking up information regarding the term, I found that it was used to describe the planet Venus, which is a bright star to us, especially in the dawn. Thus the morning star reference. Some King James Bibles and even Latin Vulgate bibles will translate what is said at Isaiah 14:12 regarding the morning star or shining one as Lucifer. But it is interesting to note the translation of Lucifer to the Hebrew word used: heh'lel which means shining one. This helps to see that this word is not meant as a name or a title, but rather as an adjective, describing the king of Babylon and his boastful position. Isaiah 14:4 shows that this is pointed to the king of Babylon. We all know from the book of Daniel how the kings of Babylon were boastful and full of pride and would not accept or give honor to the God of Israel. Another point to consider: Isaiah 14:15, 16 speaks of this "Lucifer"/morning star/shining one going to what is translated as Sheol (the common grave), but many consider hell. The common grave of mankind is not a residing place for the Devil and also in verse 16, it speaks of people speaking "..is this the man...", when we can understand that Satan is a spirit creature. I hope I do not confuse others with this. But I can understand that Lucifer is not a title or a name given to Satan, but rather describes the king of Babylon, and ultimately Satan, since Babylon kings were used by the Devil as a tool and the Devil shows the same ambition and boastful pride also.

As regards to Jesus being mentioned in Revelation 22:16, we can be assured that Jesus is the true morning star, or as 2 Peter 1:19 states, "as a daystar rises, in your hearts". Daystar has also been translated as "light bearer" and Jesus, by not only his words and teachings, but by his actions proves that he is this one.

Again, if people find some disagreement in the presentation of this or have questions, please reply or e-mail me at rbaca@charter.net and I will be more than happy to explain what I am saying, perhaps more clearly.

Loveout.