Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecthere's an answer:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13306
13306, here's an answer:
Posted by osoclasi, Wed Jun-27-01 04:20 AM
>IllipticallyDefined
> Jun-25-01, 11:02 AM (EST)
>101. "Why is Jesus and Lucifer
>both called the Bright and
>Morning Star?"
>The fallen Bright and Morning Star
>of Isaiah 14:12/ Lucifer
>Isa: 14: 12: How you have
>fallen from heaven, O STAR
>of the morning, son of
>the dawn! You have been
>cut down to the earth,
>You who have weakened the
>nations!(New American Standard
>Who is the Fallen Star that
>brings death, (the reflection or
>son of Fallen angel Belial),
>the son of "Morning" (Sun
>God Baal/Satan), the bright "Morning
>Star" Lucifer.

Responce: Actually some scholars don't consider this to be talking about satan at all but rather the king of babylon at that time. so that's one answer. But, if you do here's another answer. Satan would be considered the morning star in the sence that he was the most slendid of all of God's angels his glory surpassed all others. So in that sense he was a morning star. Jesus is refered to as the light because of his revalation. in other words this is a world of darkness(sin) Jesus became the light(redemption). so satan's is physical apperance while Jesus is revalation.
>
>
>I, Jesus, have sent my angel
>to testify these things in
>the churches. I am the
>root and the spawn of
>David, and I am the
>bright Morning Revelations 22:16

Responce: However Jesus, is the true morning revalation. ( Rev 22:16 is actually refering to Num 24:17) were it says that there will be a star from the line of Judah. Also I can't remeber the verse of hand but I think it's in 1 john it tells believers to beware because the satan can appear to imitate an angel of the light. So to wrap it up satan was the morning star because of apperance, Jesus is the morning revalation because he brought the light into the world of darkness.
>
>
>
>