Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: RUN FROM WHAT'S HAPPENIN'................
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13301
13301, RE: RUN FROM WHAT'S HAPPENIN'................
Posted by abduhu, Thu Jul-05-01 11:39 AM
>So you are saying marrital problems
>are good? Yummy and tasty
>marrital problems on a bun
>of slap-happy adultery?

no. but they most certainly are not "pay dearly" as if somebody lost their eyesight, got a limb cut off, suffered with diseases for the rest of their lives.....thats what i call "pay dearly".

>>alot of ppl dishonor their parents
>>and their wives are sources
>>of grief to their parents.
>>that aint no punishment on
>>them. all of the
>>things you named would be
>>"payment" or punishment to his
>>father and mother (who didnot
>>deserve it), not him. so
>>how did he pay? what
>>happened to him?
>>where was he made to "pay
>>dearly" for his polygamy?
>
>Are you saying Family problems are
>good too? BB-Q baked family
>arguements with a side of
>coleslaw.

see above.

>Because he married her sister buddy

>>>Jacob wanted to marry Rachel
>>>(Gen 29: 18)Jacob was a
>>>servant to Leban a extra
>>>seven years due to it.
>>>(Gen. 29: 27)
>>
>>thats right. but instead laban tricked
>>him into MARRYING LEAH, not
>>just sleeping with her.
>
>huh??

see the one line of yours i left up above all by its self. and if you are "huh"in' about the "just sleeping" part, you made it seem as though thats all that he did, and that he didnot marry her.

>>>Jacob didnt love Leah (29: 30-31)
>
>Do you think this is Good
>too.....if so then i understand
>why ladies are turning you
>down on the marriage tip.
>Yikes Abduhu.

what are you talking about. i hope not the post that i started. lol. that was an attempt to discuss the plagues of marriage here in america. apperently someone didnt get it. besides, im married already.:o
>
>>again, more marrital relations problems and
>>jealousy on behalf of barren
>>women. how is this punishment
>>for him?
>
>I take it you've never seen
>Marrital problems or what ills
>jealousy can cause.

yes i have. see way up above.

Can you
>blame these barren women who's
>not getting a fair amount
>of love and affection?

how do you know who got what and when? being barren is not on the man, its on the woman. if they spent every waking moments w/ them, it wouldnt matter b/c they were barren, not the men.
and if the bible meant anything other than thos women being barren, then it should have said so.

>>and what about the other two:
>>bilhah and zilpah? i guess
>>everything was cool with them,
>>huh? and dont tell me
>>they were not wives b/c
>>i provided the verse to
>>back up my claim.
>
>I know the maid servants were
>married to Jacob but guess
>what he smutted them too.
>i never said these to
>were his wives.

are you saying you never said they were or are you saying you never said they werent? b/c either way you still didnot address the so-called punishment that he was supposed to get for those wives, yes wives.

>>nobody still didnt address this: http://www.aboutislam.com
>
>I think Osoclasi and I gave
>tons of Info on how
>they are different. In your
>posts about Allah's will...God in
>the flesh? and so on

his information was not based on the correct perspective according to islam as practiced by prophet muhammad (saws), and not sects and offshoots. goto: http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=3054&forum=DCForumID1&omm=351 , for clarification.

i guess you nor him didnt see it. or either you saw it and agreed to it.

>Anyhoo back to the point Multiple
>wives = Adultery.
>And you failed to address a
>question of mine.......

i failed to address it b/c it was not the subject at hand. the subject at hand was multiple wives in CHRISTIANITY, not multiple husbands in ISLAM. however i will entertain it here........

for the example below lets use real live ppl, say.......me and my wife.:o

>Dearest abduhu if you and a
>muslim sister with Oprah money
>got married, then a couple
>of years later she married
>like three guys, on some
>elizabeth taylor type stuff....would you
>still be quick to say
>everything is cool?

of course i wouldnt be cool with it. are you crazy?

but wait.......why wouldnt i be?!!!???
b/c there is no injunction in the qur'an for it.

however, if there was, i might not be thrilled with it, but i would not justify my feelings by way of saying the qur'an meant something else when it said that. just like my wife might not be thrilled about me getting another wife, but she would not justify HER feelings by way of saying the qur'an meant something else when it said that. why? b/c muslims dont pick and choose between what they want and dont want. rather, muslims "hear and obey"!!!

2:285 The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His apostles. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His apostles." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."

5:7 And call in remembrance the favour of Allah unto you, and His covenant, which He ratified with you, when ye said: "We hear and we obey": And fear Allah, for Allah knoweth well the secrets of your hearts.

24:51 The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His Messenger, in order that He may judge between them, is no other than this: they say, "We hear and we obey": it is such as these that will attain felicity.

and why do we "hear and obey"?

33:36 It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.

if we had an opinion about injunctions in the qur'an, probably no muslim woman, execpt for the truly faithful, would opt to wear a head cover. and no man, execpt for the truly faithful, would wear his beard.

and since there is no injunction for it (multiple husbands)in the qur'an, and since "It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision", my wife wouldnt do it, lest she be "on a clearly wrong Path", in which i would divorce her immediately.

just like she would divorce me if i went against Allah's injunctions and stopped praying, fasting, believing, etc........

and she has already told me she would divorce me if i stopped praying, so there is no doubt in my mind the sincerety of my wife towards Allah's injunctions.

so, because muslims "hear and obey" what is in the qur'an, and there is no injunction in the qur'an for multiple husbands, it will never happen. period.

i hope this answered your question.

who is Prophet Muhammad -salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam (peace be upon him)? click here to read his biography entitled, "Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum" (The Sealed Nectar) :
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/

Narrated Aisha (Prophet Muhammad's wife):
The Prophet used to offer prayer at night (for such a long time) that his feet used to crack. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why do you do it since Allah has forgiven you your faults of the past and those to follow?" He said, "Shouldn't I love to be a thankful slave (of Allah)?' When he became old, he prayed while sitting, but if he wanted to perform a bowing, he wound get up, recite (some other verses) and then perform the bowing.

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa attuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).