Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHigh ranking Polygamists in the Bible
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13285
13285, High ranking Polygamists in the Bible
Posted by abduhu, Fri Jun-29-01 04:57 AM
>>>>Every one
>>>>>in the Bible had one
>>>>>wife until Lamech changed the
>>>>>game and married two. (Gen
>>>>>4. 19)
>>>>
>>>>Genesis 4.19
>>>>And Lamech took unto him two
>>>>wives: the name of the
>>>>one Adah, and the
>>>>name of the other Zillah
>>
>>i would comment on this one,
>>but the comment that i
>>have is irrelevent, seeing as
>>how we both have different
>>concepts and ideals of GOD.
>
>And i believe your starting to
>see the God of the
>Qur'an is Not the God
>of the Bible. So ultimately
>only one of them can
>exist. choose wisely.

no. i just know that we would go around in circles with it. and since you believe that Allah and God are two different entities, how do you explain this: http://www.aboutislam.org

it seems there are some christians who do believe that they are one and the same. or, either they are trying to fool muslims.

and if you go through the site, you will see that they are not saying anything different than you, in regards to the bible and its message.

back to the topic............

>Therefore
>a polygamist is still an adulterous
>
>person according to God of the
>Bible.

ok. lets say i accept this based on the PROOFS AND EVIDENCES you have shown me.
how do you reconcile the fact that major key figures in the bible had more than one wife:

1. Abraham, whose "seeds would be a blessed nation" had 2. and b4 you say he didnt, look real close in genesis, real close. (Genesis 16.3)

2. Esau had two.(Genesis 36.6)

3. Jacob had four: Leah, Rachel, Bilhah, and Zilpah. (gen- ch. 29-ch. 30)

4. David had more than one. (1 Chronicles 14.3)

5. Solomon (do i need to post verses?.)

so either:
1. God didnt Allow it, and all these individuals (peace be upon them all) committed adultery,
2. God allowed it. but, only for them,
3. God allowed it at sometime, but forbade it later, or
4. God allowed it then, and still does today.

which is it?

who is Prophet Muhammad -salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam (peace be upon him)? click here to read his biography:
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/

Narrated Aisha (Prophet Muhammad's wife):
The Prophet used to offer prayer at night (for such a long time) that his feet used to crack. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why do you do it since Allah has forgiven you your faults of the past and those to follow?" He said, "Shouldn't I love to be a thankful slave (of Allah)?' When he became old, he prayed while sitting, but if he wanted to perform a bowing, he wound get up, recite (some other verses) and then perform the bowing.

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa attuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).