Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: there's no problem in what i stated
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13284
13284, RE: there's no problem in what i stated
Posted by Jennyfer, Thu Jun-28-01 06:30 PM
>you are not presenting CLEAR AND
>DECISIVE VERSES of what a
>marriage IS and ISNOT SUPPOSED
>TO BE.

Marriage: Woman and Man becoming one Flesh, in a Spiritual Committed, Public unification that is supposed to last for duration of that man's or woman's life. Having a Husband or Wife.

Gen 2: 22 - God made a women (one woman) from the rib He had taken out of man, and he bought her to man. emphasis added.

Adam and Eve's union created the standard of how God intented marriage to be monogamy not polygamy.

Gen 2: 24 - For this reason a man will leave his father and mother to be united to his wife and they will become one flesh.

Note united to his "wife" singular.

nor of what
>DIVORCE IS and ISNOT SUPPOSED
>TO BE.

Divorce- ending the bond of marriage; to free oneself from one's husband or wife. Ending the life long commitment of marriage.

Matt. 5: 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultry.

Matt. 19 3-9 - Some Pharisees came to him to test him The asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason?

"Havent you read" he replied "that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will be one flesh? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

"Why then" They asked "did moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?

Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this away from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery.

Marital infidelity another named for it adultery is one of the two reasons person could legally divorce their spouse (the second is desertion found in Icor 7). Now peep how the divored man or woman commits adultery if they "marry" again, if they divorced under different reasons other than the one God says that you can legally separate.

Also in (v 8) "... but it was not this way in the beginning" showing God's intent of how long a marriage is supposed to last. The standard of Marriage beginning with Adam and Eve.

Now being that Adam and Eve were the standard of marriage for humans. They were united one man, and one woman. A realtionship of monogamy (Gen 2: 24)

nor of HOW
>POLYGAMY IS or ISNOT A
>SIN.

Polygamy - The practice of having more than one wife or husband at one time.

A polygamist is unfaithful to the union of his first wife, which according to gen: 2: 24 that the two (Man and Woman) will make one flesh. Not the three will make one flesh or the 40 wives and one man made one flesh.

And scripture warns in Deut 17: 17 "He must not take many wives or his heart will be led astray..."

Now Look at the context of divorce In Matthew 19 and 5: 32. How are these re-married people adulterous, when sexual acts between a hubby and wife is okay. The logical response is that their falls outside of God's intended plan for marriage. (Gen 2: 24. Gen 4: 1, Gen: 4: 25)
Polygamy falls outside of God's intended plan for marriage. Any additions to your wifey belt then becomes adultery.

nor of the DEFINITION
>OF ADULTERY. until then, we
>could go one for days
>and days, TALKING about it,
>but not STATING WHAT THE
>BIBLE ITSELF SAYS.

Adultery- being unfaithful to one's husband or wife.

>you are merely interjecting your own
>thoughts and words into the
>situation, without providing PROOF or
>EVIDENCE for what you are
>saying.

Nope im not interjecting. And im providing more than enough proof according to biblical doctrine.

>>>Every one
>>>>in the Bible had one
>>>>wife until Lamech changed the
>>>>game and married two. (Gen
>>>>4: 19)
>>>
>>>Genesis 4:19
>>>And Lamech took unto him two
>>>wives: the name of the
>>>one Adah, and the
>>>name of the other Zillah
>
>i would comment on this one,
>but the comment that i
>have is irrelevent, seeing as
>how we both have different
>concepts and ideals of GOD.

And i believe your starting to see the God of the Qur'an is Not the God of the Bible. So ultimately only one of them can exist. choose wisely.

>
>Adultery is a
>>sin.
>
>agreed.

If you truly agreed you would see how Polygamy falls under the category of Adultery, which is a sin.

>and "the act" is: commiting fornication,
>which is sexual intercourse w/o
>marriage, right? if so, wouldnt
>having sexual intercourse w/ another
>woman be okay, if a
>man was married to her?

Fornication is sex before marriage. Neither the Man or Woman is married together they are just having a smutfest.
No the man would be going outside of God's intended plan for marriage by gaining a second wife.

>>Matt 19: 9 "...I tell
>>you that anyone who divorces
>>his wife, except for marital
>>unfaithfulness (adultry), and marries another
>>woman commits adultry."
>
>so what does this verse say
>about a man who DOESNT
>DIVORCE his wife but gets
>another one? nothing.

Who's interjecting their own thoughts now? (blankly stares at the screen) Now wear in the Bible does it state that a man shouldnt marry a man, or that a man can't marry a horse. Where does the standard of How humans should marry come from. (Gen 2: 24) God created One man and One Woman and united them as one flesh in marriage. monogamous realtionship not polygamous.

>>polygamy is an adulterous act abduhu.

>according to what verse? and if
>its in the new testament,
>that does not take prededence
>over what the old testament
>allowed in it day.

Exodus 20: 14------

>according to what verse? not matthew
>19.9. i addressed that above.

Matt 19 points to the standard of marriage One woman, one man.

Therefore
a polygamist is still an adulterous
person according to God of the Bible.

>you got no verses from the
>old testament to PROVE it.
>and thats where those examples
>where taking place. not in
>the new one.

Duet 17: 17 warns against it

I Kings 11: 4 shows how polygamy effected solomon and turned his heart away from God.

Exodus 20: 14 One of the ten commandments

Gen. 2: 24 The standard of marriage that God intented.

>Ex 20: 14 commands
>>us not to commit adultry.
>>If we commit adultry we
>>are sinning.
>If God commends
>>adultry then guess what abduhu.......
>>God would be embracing something
>>that he deemed unholy.
>
>agreed, accept for the last sentence.
>but it is still not
>been proven that polygamy is
>adultery in the old testament.
>
>btw, are you using the word
>command and commend interchangeably?
>b/c theyre not interchangeable.

No im not using them interchangeably. I know there significances
they are there for a reason.

>>Can
>>God embrace unholy things abduhu?
>
>what do you mean by embrace?

Embrace- to accept or take upwillingly.
God of the Bible can't be unholy and let alone agree to them.

>
>>God of the Bible doesnt
>>commend polygamy humans practiced it,
>>The Bible records that humans
>>practiced it,
>
>commend or command?

The funny thing is that both words can be used here in this context. God of the Bible didn't command men to marry more than one wife. (Gen. 2: 24) And God doesn't commend their practice of polygamy either

>>God does not
>>commend adulterous acts like polygamy.
>
>show me where in the old
>testament, and i wont ask
>any more.

Deut 17: 17

Gen. 2: 24

>no, im just stating the WRITTEN
>FACTS. and the WRITTEN FACTS
>ARE that there are NO
>VERSES IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
>declaring polygamy A SIN AND
>ADULTERY.

If you're look for Bold print with dancing wives around a passage that says polygamy is adultery....then nope it's not there,(sidenote: Also the passage that says a man can't marry his 98 eclipse is in there either) but through God of the Bible's intended plan that went awry due to humans, one can determine that more than one wife doesn't follow God's plan. (Gen 2: 24) Not following God's plan means disobedience......Disobedience means sin hmmm now which one can polygamy fall under (points to commandment 7) and the following passages point there as well:
Genesis: 2: 24
Dueteronomy 17: 17
IKings 11:2-4
Malachi. 2: 16
Matthew. 5: 31
Matthew. 19

The God of the New Testament
is The God of the
Old Testament.

>but didnt you read into the
>text when you said:
>>>>It's the only romance noted.
>>>>That doesnt mean other husbands didnt romance their wife.
>
>which is why i said what
>i said? tell me you
>didnt read into it, just
>like my suggestion.

no i didn't read anything into it. Song of songs is the first biblical book that talk of a sensual, sexual, passion, that should be within a marriage (God's intended plan). Like i said before this is not a historical starting point of romance in a marriage. Our standard being Adam and eve so ultimately that's the historical stating point of romance in a marriage.
Lamech is the historical starting point of Polygamy.

>Romance
>>on the other hand began
>>with Adam and his One
>>wife Eve (Gen 1: 28).
>
>Genesis 1:28
>And God blessed them, and God
>said unto them, Be fruitful,
>and multiply, and replenish the
>earth, and subdue it: and
>have dominion over the fish
>of the sea, and over
>the fowl of the air,
>and over every living thing
>that moveth upon the earth.
>
>
>THAT IS ROMANCE?

scroll up for this response

>In the
>>case of lamech he's is
>>the historical reference to when
>>polygamy began.
>
>how can you make that claim
>w/o reading into the text?

Easy polygamy wasn't a common practice Isolating Lamech's shows how God's intended plan had gone crooked. Gen 4: 23 Lamech took for himself two wives (paraphrased)

>like you said about solomon:>>>It's the only romance noted.
>>>>That doesnt mean other husbands didnt romance their wife.
>
>so could lamech's case be, right?

nope......

>or is it b/c it is
>in the beginning of the
>bible that you dont thing
>that such a thing is
>possible?

Alot of things are possible... if they happened or not is another story. Like is it possible for a muslim woman to have more than one husband at a time? If not why the double standard?
If a muslim woman married you but then decided to marry a second hubby what would you call it then? Being unfaithful to her first hubby abduhu by adding a second hubby. Which in a nut shell is adultery.