Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectclarifications, please..............
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13281
13281, clarifications, please..............
Posted by abduhu, Wed Jun-27-01 04:13 AM
Every one
>in the Bible had one
>wife until Lamech changed the
>game and married two. (Gen
>4: 19)

Genesis 4:19
And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one Adah, and the name of the other Zillah

dont think he got the commandment from God? and how do you know he was the one that "changed the game", if there really was one

polygamy is not
>commended by the Bible,(Exodus 20:
>14).

Exodus 20:14
Thou shalt not commit adultery.

this verse doesnt even remotely imply for someone to not have two or more wives NOR does it imply that polygamy in NOT commendable by God. the verse says shalt not commit adultery. there is nothing conclusive in this commmandment for anything else besides that, right?

or are you going on your own feelings about marriage, adultery, and polygamy?

The Bible records that
>it happened but God does
>commend it.

maybe you can get deduce this from the NEW testament, but not the OLD one.

>>The only romance is within the
>>bible is between Soloman and
>>ONE of his many wives.

>It's the only romance noted.
>That doesnt mean other husbands didnt romance their wife.

ok. cant this same statement: "It's the only romance noted" be used above in reference to lamech being the first to have 2 wives. why could not those mentioned before him have more than one wife?

who is Prophet Muhammad -salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam (peace be upon him)? click here to read his biography:
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/

Narrated Aisha (Prophet Muhammad's wife):
The Prophet used to offer prayer at night (for such a long time) that his feet used to crack. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why do you do it since Allah has forgiven you your faults of the past and those to follow?" He said, "Shouldn't I love to be a thankful slave (of Allah)?' When he became old, he prayed while sitting, but if he wanted to perform a bowing, he wound get up, recite (some other verses) and then perform the bowing.

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa attuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).