Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: The WORD?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13244
13244, RE: The WORD?
Posted by osoclasi, Mon Jun-25-01 10:57 AM
>HTP
>What scriptural reference can I find
>that calls the "Holy Bible"
>itself, the "WORD of God?"
>
>
>People often call the Bible "God's
>Word" but is this "scripturally-based?"

Responce: I don't have my bible in front of me right now but I think I can answer this from the top of my head. Internally if you remember Jesus called the scripture the word of God, when he was being tempted by saying, by stating it is written. It is written showed that he held the scriptures in authority to anything else and that they would not change. Also in I think its 2 Tim ( I'll find the verse later if you can't find it first) it says that all scripture is God breath, it should be used in conseling, rebuking, and so forth. Then finally Christians believe that the bible is the word of God because it has been proven to be. Look at some of the prophesis in scripture especially Ezekial 26-28 about the city of Tyre then compare it to history you'll be amazed, or look at the prophesis of Isiah in regards to the destruction of babylon, also there is manuscript evidence,and archeology and statistical probabilty as well. If you want more then hit me up when I have some of my resources in front of me.
>
>
>