Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: this is not one:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13230
13230, RE: this is not one:
Posted by Jennyfer, Sun Jun-24-01 09:50 PM
>right, but any way its still
>wrong to kill...

No it's not wrong to kill......for instance you eat dont you?
Animals we eat are killed for food.
If you are a vegetarian ...Vegetables and fruits are killed to fill your plate. If you went to the prom a plant was killed to place on the arm of your date.

Now if you are refering to Killing with malice intent (murder) of another human being then that's another story.
Killing isn't always wrong
Murder is always wrong

Would jesus
>kill a man if the
>man killed his mother? i
>don't think so

There's no point for this hypothetical questions since it never occurred.

But.....to answer you i'll refer you to this passage Matthew 26: 52-54... Jesus said to him (referring to Peter) " for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think i cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? But then how would Scripture be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?"

Now verse 52 "For all who draw the sword will die by the sword".....is talking about capital punishment. If you murder someone then you will be put to death. Peter was attacking the high priest's servant with malice intent. Jesus warned him of what would happen. Jesus didn't disagree with capital punishment. 53-54... Jesus has a specific job to carry out and futher explained that he could get 12 legions of angels back him up meaning he could take out everybody.