Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectboth teams played hard, my man
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=98953&mesg_id=99375
99375, both teams played hard, my man
Posted by nighttripper, Fri Jun-15-12 11:46 PM
- truth is, if Lloris doesn't make that world class save vs Sheva, we may give up a 3 spot in this game. But Ukraine is not a good possession team, so once we got up, we made it look easy.

- 100% co-sign regarding Menez. I was getting ready to post that he lost the game for us after the first half (just had a really bad feeling at that point). Not only did he miss chances, he stole a made goal from Benzema on one of them, that was unforgivable. Until he scored, that is. Overall, that's just who he is, a volume player, he's going to waste a lot, but he's got such a motor and he's such a bamma, he's going to keep trying and end up making something happen.

- re:the defense...people wanna rag on Mexes, and ok, he had that dumb ass pass to Lloris before the interruption, but staying mad at that is missing the forest for the trees; he had an outstanding game otherwise. He didn't miss one pass forward, always putting us on the right track. He was also a miraculous save away from scoring a superb header. As a side note, his reaction after that was my favorite moment of the game until the scores ("TA MERE LA PUTE", one of my all time favorite curse phrase). Rami on the other hand is shitty at moving/passing forward and turning the ball over in his half like he does puts a lot of pressure on a team. He kinda made up for it w/great defense towards the end, but at that point, Sheva was gassed out so it was easier. Clichy was great, I don't want to see Evra ever again in this tournament.

- Our midfield was outstanding in general. You mentioned Diarra, and he was beasting, no doubt, but what about Cabaye? My man toiled and toiled until he got a sliver of light, at which point he scored. LIKE A BOSS. Then he missed the goal of the tournament by a hair. That passing sequence was breath taking. Ribery was top shelf, he's much better when he stays up top creating havoc instead of tracking back (which he kept doing in the first game because he apparently has no respect for Malouda). I would give player of the game to Benzi, though...plenty of great runs, always unselfish, not missing anything easy, but more importantly two picture perfect passes, he made the difference.

- Blanc is not going to start Giroud when the qualification is not secured yet, you can forget that. Myself, I would like to see Ben Harfa instead of Nasri (who was quite underwhelming again tonight).

- Finally, can't help but notice...lots of pretty Ukrainian ladies in the stands.

great game of futbol, made up for that snoozer vs England