Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectEh, "deserving's got nothing to do with it" (c) William Munne
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=97570&mesg_id=97982
97982, Eh, "deserving's got nothing to do with it" (c) William Munne
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Feb-05-13 04:43 PM
First, I want to make it 100% clear that I do NOT believe the refs cost us the game. It was on us. We made of our shitty-ass bed, wallowed in it for a little over half the game, nearly climbed out of it, but fell back in during the last two minutes. But, if at period we zagged instead of zigged, and ended up winning the game, I wouldn't have said, "Well, we didn't deserve that" or "Baltimore deserved to win." A win is a win is a win, either way.

I'll also say that even though are responsible for our own loss, that doesn't make the refs are immune to criticism here. The statements "the Niners didn't execute when they should have" and "The refs blew some serious calls that could have helped the Niners" aren't mutually exclusive. Besides, even if the refs did make all the calls we wanted them to make, the Niners weren't exactly guaranteed a win if they did. I'd like to hope Gore could have punched it in on one of four shots from the 1 yard line, but given how we were performing in the Red Zone that night, I couldn't promise it would have happened.

We lost. I'm more pissed at us than I'll ever be at the refs. But if we won, I'd be partying like shit, "deserved" or not.