Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectBetter than Eli & about to be richer. Congrats to Jersey Joe.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=97570&mesg_id=97920
97920, Better than Eli & about to be richer. Congrats to Jersey Joe.
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Feb-04-13 12:14 AM
Audubon must be partying like shit right now.

I don't know how to explain how unlikely it is that a QB for the Green Wave, a small public high school that's like 350 kids total playing in the Colonial Conference in South Jersey & whose football team was never competitive in my lifetime could produce an NFL QB let alone a SB MVP.

It's even less like then a D-1AA Delaware program producing two Super Bowl appearing QB's in the past ten years with Gannon & Joe.

The game was crazy, that power-outtage kept the ball out of Flacco's hands for *83 minutes* of real-time & they were forced to run the ball a lot which took it out of his hands even more but they got it done.

Happy for that dude & for his entire family, including his grandfather who was my dad's boss back at RCA Camden in the early-to-mid-80's.

Was starting to wish about a month ago that the Ravens might balk at paying him & he could come back home to play for the Birds but they're gonna have to back up the Brinks truck now.

Can't be the team that let two Super Bowl winning QB's go in the following offseason & this dude ain't Dilfer.