Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI'll play along...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=97570&mesg_id=97919
97919, I'll play along...
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Feb-03-13 11:59 PM
If...when big games are on the line and the offense can and should go through you and that ends up being a recipe for trophies and jewelry (turn on a TV right now for proof)...YOU. ARE. ELITE.

Top five and elite are two different things. And top five usually considers the past too much vs being a true snapshot. If you had a Super Bowl to play in TODAY, who would you want as your QB? Rodgers? Eli fresh off of arm massages? Healthy Big Ben? The Power of Russell Wilson? Gonzo?

Matty I...nevermind...I can't even joke about that...

To be clear...don't lie to me and tell me you want The Tommy Statue or the Old Man right TODAY after what we've seen recently.

I'm just saying...when you have a QB like Flacco, you can do some things that most teams can't offensively. He's basically AFC Eli without the catalog of horrible showings.

His targets did him proud but he had to sack up and pull the trigger on those throws. And there's a lot of strong, long, deep, grown man throws on his resume right now.

People can say what they want about that Jacobi play in Denver, but there aren't a lot of QBs who have the arm or the sack to even attempt that throw...let alone get it completed. And I think the whole 'bad angle' thing is over sold. Jacobi gets deep fast and the throw was insane.