Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectbut you can, cuz it's a reminder it sucks to be fan outside of NY or LA
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=97141&mesg_id=97454
97454, but you can, cuz it's a reminder it sucks to be fan outside of NY or LA
Posted by celery77, Fri Aug-10-12 01:43 PM
>I can appreciate your bitterness toward the Lakers, lol. But
>that's not what this is. This about a team who paid out big
>money to players who flat out weren't worth it, said player
>got sick of it, and decided to bounce. Shard got a massive
>contract, and they flipped that bloated contract for Hedo and
>Gil and THEIR bloated contracts. They paid Gil to go away and
>then they overpaid for JRich, who is clearly on the decline.
>KG and Lebron are the absolute benchmark for situations like
>this, where a team languishes in mediocrity due to management,
>and the player finally says "You know what, FUCK YOU GUYS, I'm
>out." You can only do that shit for so long.

I don't care that Dwight Howard got traded. it's just ridiculous that trading a potentially top 3 talent in the NBA, guaranteed 50-win player, nets you "cap relief for 2014 and a chance at landing a player to be named later." that sucks for Orlando fans. that does NOT make me want to buy a ticket to go to the arena.

>I don't understand this. The league was fucking fantastic this
>year. You'll always have some dumbass front offices, but this
>last season was easily the best overall in recent memory for a
>multitude of reasons. There was a lot of great basketball this
>year and truth be told, it only looks like it's getting
>better.

cuz I'm not a front-running punk like some, I turn on the NBA primarily for the Blazers + Warriors, which is rarely an opportunity to watch my team win anything more than a 5-8 seed at best, and I detested the basketball league-wide last year because the effect of lockout-shortened schedule was evident in every game.

and my best friend that I get together with on every opening night + big playoff game to watch NBA is a Phoenix fan, who has nothing to be excited about next year and likely will have to avoid every ESPN broadcast cuz Nash in LA just fucking sucks too much to watch.

and that's fine, I get that's how the league works, not mad at all at the Lakers for maximizing their advantage, just responding to the idea that "this is a good trade for the Magic because it clears up logistical management problems" would NOT make me excited as a Magic fan and is just another reminder to all the small market, cold weather fans that cheering for their local team is just an exercise in hoping you'll get to briefly watch a star before he finds ultimate success elsewhere. the end.