Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI don't understand how high ranking officials could be so stupid.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=89859&mesg_id=90044
90044, I don't understand how high ranking officials could be so stupid.
Posted by soulfunk, Thu Jul-12-12 10:17 AM
The fact that they covered up crimes to protect the university doesn't surprise me. The strange thing is just how bad they were at the cover up...if they knew in 1998, and basically forced Sandusky to retire because of it, why did they continue to let him be around the program? They should have been easily able to convince him into giving up his position with the charity and also stop being around the program with the threat of reporting him to the police. Basically make him move far away and not come back around. They had another chance to do this in 2001 when it kept happening and they still did nothing to really protect themselves. I'm not even talking about the unknown number of kids that were victimized after them knowing about it - I'm just saying that if they were gonna sweep a mess under the rug, why leave half of the mess out on the floor?

Death penalty for the football program. And kick them out of the Big Ten permanently. Everyone that knew something needs to go to jail.