Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: smh...wow i don't even know where to go with that.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=87252&mesg_id=87417
87417, RE: smh...wow i don't even know where to go with that.
Posted by Castro, Mon Feb-07-11 11:36 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk/report#notes_quotes

Donnie Walsh was disturbed by a call around midnight. It was from a reporter for comment on a report by ESPN.com that the Knicks were engaged in talks about a three-team trade for Carmelo Anthony.

"Why would you call me and ask me that question at 12 o'clock at night?" Walsh said.

Why? Because at this point, a little more than two weeks from the NBA trade deadline, the entire league is expecting Anthony to wind up with the Knicks before the close of business on Feb. 24.

"I don't think we have anything going," Walsh said of potential moves. "But at least we're getting a feeling about the possibilities. ... We have a better feeling for what's going to happen."

Walsh did not talk specifically about Anthony or the Nuggets but did add, "I don't feel good or bad. These things take two to tango, so I have no real knowledge of what other teams will do. We're out there looking and seeing if we can do something."

The report said the Knicks would send Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry to the Timberwolves, who would send Corey Brewer and a first-round pick to Denver while the Knicks would send Wilson Chandler to Denver and Anthony would come to New York. The trade would be a huge win for the Knicks, who would only lose one rotation player in the deal and, obviously, gain a second superstar to join Amar'e Stoudemire.

For the Nuggets, however, it certainly would pale in comparison to what they could have gotten from the Nets -- three first-rounders and rookie Derrick Favors -- but by the Timberwolves absorbing Curry's expiring $11.2 million salary, they are providing Denver with instant cash savings.

Multiple sources say this is one of several scenarios that have been discussed, though there is nothing imminent. While Anthony is expected to be a Knick before the trade deadline, it is expected the talks will likely go right up until the 11th hour.

KNICKS 117, 76ERS 103: Amar'e Stoudemire scored nine straight points to end the first half and give the Knicks the lead for good at 55-51 in the second game of a home-and-home with the 76ers. Stoudemire scored 41 points for the Knicks (26-24), who opened up a 15-point lead in the third quarter. Elton Brand had 28 points for Philadelphia (23-27).
F Amar'e Stoudemire was hit with his 14th technical of the season, which ties him with Dwight Howard for the NBA lead. He is one technical foul away from an automatic one-game suspension, but Stoudemire believes this one will be rescinded. Stoudemire was T'd up when he skipped down the court after he missed on a steal and was called for a foul. He said referee Bob Delaney, who called the tech, admitted to him afterward that he might have been the one to overreact. Stoudemire expects the NBA to rescind the technical after reviewing the play.

The win Sunday moved the Knicks, sixth in the East, back to three games over the seventh-place 76ers. With 32 games to play, the Knicks had a five-game cushion over the ninth-place Charlotte Bobcats. The top eight teams in each conference make the playoffs, and coach Mike D'Antoni said he's not as much concerned about seeding as he is simply being among that top eight. D'Antoni said the goal is to get over 40 wins, which should be enough to clinch a playoff berth. The Knicks haven't made the playoffs since 2004.

Quote To Note:

"I think our focus has to be on trying to get to 40 wins. That should get us in the playoffs. Obviously, if we can get the sixth spot or the fifth spot or the seventh spot, you try to do the best you can do. Our goal all year is to get to the playoffs."