Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: Well if the Vikes can make the playoffs with a Gus/TJack combo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=66263&mesg_id=66462
66462, RE: Well if the Vikes can make the playoffs with a Gus/TJack combo
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Aug-18-09 07:36 PM
>they should have no problem doing the same with a future HOF
>like Favre behind center this year.
>
that would mean we're not acknowledging the improvement of the division from Detroit actually winning a few games (it'll happen), the Pack improving on D while Rodgers gets more comfortable at the helm, and the Bears presumably having a real quarterback for the first time in 25 years.

Those variables make the comparison hard to quantify. Other than a few perennialy competive playoff-level teams (The Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Chargers) over the past five years or so, things see-saw fairly quickly.

It's possible for the Vikes to have a better offense with Favre but still not get in.

>We would have to set up the rules obviously Favre would have
>to be the one to lead them and start the playoff game, barring
>injury of course.
>
>However, if Favre gets pulled for throwing too many funballs,
>Vikes look like they won't make it, but TJack or Sage come in
>turn things around and the Vikes still make the playoffs, I
>win.

Well, I'm pretty positive Favre (if healthy) ain't getting pulled for either of those guys and I can't see either one saving the season.....so I'm unconcerned with that aspect of the wager.

What concerns me is having a stake in this dude's success but this post is damn near making me have to do so anyway so if you wanna do something light that I don't care much about losing (say, $50) then I'd be good with it.