Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subject#5 Miami Heat select Chris Bosh, Ga Tech
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=6247&mesg_id=6264
6264, #5 Miami Heat select Chris Bosh, Ga Tech
Posted by soundsop, Sun Jun-08-03 11:06 AM
I'm not really sold on Bosh, but this is the NBA Draft and it's all about drafting on potential. He's a big man with good range (shot 45%+ from 3) but he's definitely not afraid to bang (really good shooting pct, 9 boards per game). And a 6-10 guy who actually likes getting it on down low is becoming a rare commodity these days.

In making the pick, I pretty much didn't take the Heat roster or off-season moves into account one bit. Why should I waste a pick on a scrub like Kaman just because Zo is leaving? Drafting based on need over skills this high in the draft is how shit like Bowie going ahead of Jordan happens.

The only other player I seriously considered was T.J. Ford. I'm woefully ignorant of the Europeans and none of the other Americans strike me as future stars. However, Ford's shooting scares me a little and in the year of the point guard I might be able to nab a good one at 33 anyway (whoops, did I just give away my strategy?).

The Clippers are on the clock.