Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: I said 'MOST DOMINATING' not 'BEST'......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=5515&mesg_id=5550
5550, RE: I said 'MOST DOMINATING' not 'BEST'......
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Nov-02-03 04:34 AM
Tiny Archibald lead the L in scoring in assists one year, I believe he posted over 32 a game and he is smaller

I dont wanna detract from your argument though. AI has won 3 scoring titles and finished top 5 several times in scoring. Some guys just dont have the teams. At what point do we value a title over a player's skill? Is any hall of famer who won a title automatically better than one that didnt? I dont think so, names like Baylor and Barkley spring to mind as arguably the two best ever at their positions despite never winning a championship. Take a 2 guard or almost any guard off any title team other than the Bulls maybe and you wouldnt miss a beat with AI in there. Lenny Wilkens, Andrew Toney, Kobe Bryant, Joe Dumars or Zeke, Nate Archibald, Frazier/Monroe, Greer/Walker on and on...

AI has done huge things in playoff games. Yeah I know he didnt have a great series against Detroit, but who did? Individually last year no player really schooled them, look how they did T Mac dirty after falling down 3-1. Against NO he had 55 in game 1 and 45 in game 6, tell me that isnt coming up HUGE? And of course the Lakers game 1 and really most of that series, along with that whole season/playoffs as has been mentioned.

You really cant knock this cat like he is garbage and shit, even relative to the league's other top players; bottom line, all there is to it. GOAT might be stretching it but he definitely up there for the moment and there is doubt he'll be one of the most celebrated members of the NBA at 75 team...