Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectDo you hear what you're saying tho?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=5515&mesg_id=5539
5539, Do you hear what you're saying tho?
Posted by Lach, Sun Nov-02-03 07:08 AM
The Sixers' 1 win in 5 games vs the Lakers. LMFAO! That's really not worth mentioning. See I'm not saying Iverson isn't great or won't be one of the all time greats before its all said and done, I'm just saying he has a lot more to prove before he can be up there with Zeke and co. That's all. Yeah, Zeke had Rodman, Laimbeer, Joey D, etc, but he was playing against teams that rival or were even better than the Lakers of 2000-2002, nah mean? You have to have a Laimbeer, Rodman, Dumars, Agguire if you're going to play against a Magic, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, Kareem, etc. And on paper, a team like New Jersey isn't overly more talented than what Iverson has around him now, so if Iverson can't lead Robinson, Coleman, Snow, McKey to the finals now, we're still supposed to be mentioning him up there with Zeke right now? I mean, he just have to go through some more wars and get to the mountain top IMO before he gets put on that level. Same with a lot of good cats today.