Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectAs a Dallas fan, I've seen him play far more than you.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=43324&mesg_id=43365
43365, As a Dallas fan, I've seen him play far more than you.
Posted by homeslice21, Wed Aug-30-06 11:43 AM
As a Dallas fan, I know his game better than you. As a Dallas fan, you're absolutely right, I have just as much of a right to criticize him, actually more, than you. So maybe, the fact that I don't should tell you something. Is his defense high-calibur? No. Is it vastly improved from 5 years ago? Yes. Is it showing signs of still improving? Yes. Is he ever going to be a first team All Defense player? No. Is he going to end up as a decent defender? All signs point to yes. Is his style of play different from that which you desperately cling to as the norm for a person of his size? Certainly. Does that mean he has to change his style of play? Hmm, when he's averaging 26 points and 9 boards a game as the best player on an NBA Finals team that would have a title right now if its owner wasn't named Mark Cuban, I think not.

He plays in the paint FAR MORE than you'd like everyone to think in your posts. His post game is developing, his 3 point attempts are down from the beginning of his career as it develops more and more. But he would be INSANE to not shoot at least three 3 pointers a game given how adapt he is at hitting them (hmm 2006 3 point contest champion? yes)

But seriously, get in your 'digs' at his 'lack of a post game' now, cause in 2 or 3 years you will just look even dumber clinging to your Dirk hate and making posts like these.

0-0. vs North Texas, 9/2.
0-0. vs Jacksonville.