Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectyou still dont get it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=42624&mesg_id=42736
42736, you still dont get it.
Posted by LBs Finest, Wed Jun-14-06 05:41 PM
>I think the better question is does Kobe need Shaq to win a
>title. Shaq has proven that he can at least get there without
>Kobe. Kobe hasn't proven he can win a playoff series without
>Shaq.

here...i'll try one more time.

we're comparing kobe's 2 solo years without shaq (and without another great player) to shaq's 6 years without kobe (and you wanna forget he had another great player playin with him whether he was on orlando or miami).

lol....what's wrong with you?

>
>
>I know Shaq has been on better teams...he made them better.
>LOL. Miami was what, 40-42 the year before Shaq arrived? Maybe
>41-41, I don't feel like looking it up. In the Eastern
>conference at that. He comes, they're in Game 7 of the WCF.

his supporting cast on orlando and miami was/is still much better than anything kobe's had in his two years as leader son. stop beating around the bush. basketball's a team sport, last time i checked. you dont have a good team, you aint winnin shit. the GOAT didnt win till he got some players around him.

>
>Saying Shaq needs Kobe specifically is ridiculous. Of course
>he needs HELP, as all players do.

I said he needs him specifically. To. Win. A. Championship......he doesnt need kobe to just succeed. So far my point hasn't been proven wrong. And it won't be.

Especially now because he's
>nowhere near the player he was. But Dwayne Wade is playing as
>well right now as Kobe did during any of the championship
>runs.

I can't believe i have to constantly break this shit down for niggaz on okp...
When kobe had shaq, he was in his prime. kobe couldn't score 40+ in the finals because he wasn't allowed to. phil wouldn't let him, shaq wouldn't let him. he saved those games for the playoff series's before the finals...when we played the tougher western conference.
In the finals he had shaq in the paint who couldn't be defended for shit by any of those east team's big men. wade gets to step up because shaq aint the same and because dallas can actually defend him effectively....the heat are actually playing the best team in the league in the nba finals. the lakers didnt.

>Shaq is not missing Kobe.

lol oh he will when miami gets beat by dallas, and shaq retires with rings he's only won with one of the 3 superstar guards he played with. if he had kobe now, the city of miami would have their parade next week. don't get mad, just face facts.

• Okay Sports Rookie of the Year