Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectLook...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=40325&mesg_id=40446
40446, Look...
Posted by Lou, Tue Jan-17-06 04:10 AM
Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, Randy brown
Michael Jordan, Jud Buechler
Scottie Pippen, Toni Kukoc
Dennis Rodman, Dickey Simpkins, Jason Caffey
Luc Longley, Bill Wennington

Chauncey Billups, Carlos Arroyo
Rip Hamilton, Maurice Evans
Tayshaun Prince, Carlos Delfino
Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Jason Maxiell
Ben Wallace, Darko Milicic, Dale Davis

PG - The Pistons have a clear advantage, in my opinion. Ron Harper was a really good player with his IQ, but that's not enough to top a Billups/Arroyo duo.
SG - The Bulls win this one. Rip would likely tire Jordan out more than usual but I'd bet money that Jordan would still shut him down and go for 40 points.
SF - There's no contest here. Pippen has such an advantage over Prince it's not even funny. I cannot believe how evenly they've been spoken of in this post.
PF - Easy advantage to the Bulls. Rodman would own Rasheed. I mean, you saw Rodman play. You've seen Rasheed play. Rodman obviously eats his touches.
C - Definite advantage to the Pistons. Ben Wallace would probly force Luc and Bill into retirement. Ben would likely have 4 boards for every 1 board Luc had.

Kukoc is better than anyone the Pistons have off their bench.

The Bulls have 3 players in Pippen, Rodman, and Jordan, who may very well be able to shut down almost any player in NBA history that they get thrown on. Name any player they've guarded and it's guaranteed they've shut them down b4. The Pistons certainly don't have any exceptions in Billups, Rip, and Sheed. The Pistons in return don't have anyone on their roster that could shut down Jordan (or even Pippen, in my opinion, too smart for that).

I fully expect that a series between those two teams would ride-or-die on Rip for the Pistons. If he can be a big enough offensive weapon it might force the Bulls to change their game plan. I honestly can't picture him putting up any appreciable stat lines against Jordan tho. Don't forget, Jordan is not only the best offensive player in NBA history, he's also clearly one of the best defensive players in NBA history.

This Pistons team just couldn't do it. Not to say they couldn't win a couple.