Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectIt's unfathomable, almost.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=28886&mesg_id=29118
29118, It's unfathomable, almost.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jan-23-06 04:33 AM
There are games where a team doesn't score 81 points.

Most people's career high...even Kobe's old one, teams are almost guaranteed night in and night out to at least score that much. It isn't completley unusual to see a score from a team under 81 points. Kobe scored that much tonight. THAT MUCH. 81! I still can't believe it.

How often is it that a superstar scorer like Kobe tops his career high of 56 points twice in a MONTH? 56, then 62, then 81. Dude just outright skipped the 70s, lol. The way he's been playing (OUT OF HIS MIND) lately, I think he'll be able to have another 60 point game this year, easily.

That last game put him in an elite group with players like T-Mac, AI, Shaq, Karl Malone, etc. Now? He's in a whole new echelon in terms of high scoring games. I'm in shock. It's incredible to me. It's a feat that comes once in a lifetime, literally. I mean, the last time someone scored close to that many points was nearly 16 years ago man. I'm in shock.