Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: There are bigs who aren't getting those wallets opened for them
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=107813&mesg_id=108252
108252, RE: There are bigs who aren't getting those wallets opened for them
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue Jul-05-16 02:53 PM
>They need rim protection/rebounding & lets just say that's not
>his forte. Speight can space the floor just as well & is a
>better rebounder.

They need a goon with heart AND some ability. Speights was a 6'10" poor man's Sam Perkins. They don't need a big shooting 3's. They have 4 shooters on the court, they need interior muscle. Granted Speights might be a tab bit better on the boards, he's a worse defender and he's definitely not goon material. D-West provides that.

>>David Lee
>Probably their best option

And this will likely happen but he's soft as poo on defense.

>>Anthony Randolph
>I guess. Beasley is still in the league

Beasley might cost more but if he's willing to take the min. Go for it. He's another bench scoring option. Randolph (when healthy, BIG when) blocks shots and rebounds.

>>JJ Hickson
>Dude is terrible

Better than Randolph. And rebounds. Which is what the Warriors need now.

>>Cole Aldrich
>He already signed w/ the Wolves

There goes that.

>>Trade options:
>>Taj Gibson
>>Spencer Hawes
>
>They have nobody to trade & don't have the cap space to absorb
>the salaries.

They have draft picks and a few young, recently drafted prospects. I said 3 way deal so that they don't have to absorb more salary to make it happen. It would require work but a team that sucks now and wants to compile draft picks (and needs to meet the cap floor) could eat the salary (and send back cash to g-state to cover the salary...Taj has a year left at like 9 mil and Hawes makes 6 mil with a player option for 17-18). Both contracts are trade friendly and both of their franchises are looking to move them for assets.

>>I also think they'll bring Barbosa back on the cheap too.
>
>Otherwise Jarrett Jack is another option.

Definitely. I don't see why people think the Warriors won't have a decent bench when it's all done. Give it 30-60 days. That roster gonna be filled out and probably better than last years.

Chemistry will be the biggest issue. Even then, I doubt that too.