Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI like 5 guys in this draft, and I REALLY like 2 for the Sixers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=105821&mesg_id=106214
106214, I like 5 guys in this draft, and I REALLY like 2 for the Sixers
Posted by bshelly, Tue Jun-23-15 08:27 AM
KAT and Russell. Jah would make it three except for the fit. You could sell me on Kristaps or Mudiay. So, no, I probably wouldn't move down to 6.

We may have the opportunity to draft russell, who is about as surefire a stud as PGs get. If not, we'll have the opportunity to draft either the 2nd most athletic PG in the league (Westbrook 1 forever) or a guy with potential to turn into an unholy dirk/kg hybrid. Any one of those guys is a far better bet to yield a game changer than having two picks in the back of the top 10.

The end goal isn't to get assets. The end goal is to get studs. You don't get studs in picks 6-10. Historically, you get them in the Top 5. At this point, the assets should exist to get us Top 5 picks. We should be looking to maximize the opportunities to pick that high, not trading those opportunities away.

Note: At some point we may want to use them in trades for established dudes, but, like, what would be the point of putting Boogie on this team now, with nothing around him? You need a foundation first, THEN you make your big trade.