Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMcCullough I am not great fan of, Christmas I think has a slim shot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=105821&mesg_id=106157
106157, McCullough I am not great fan of, Christmas I think has a slim shot
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Jun-20-15 06:52 PM
McCullough is obviously the more upside-friendly pick because of his age and range of abilities, but he will also be taken a lot higher. I could see him going in the high 20s. To me he plays the four like a three which sounds appealing except he is a very average sized three and super small for a four. I just think he will get lost in the shuffle unless someone identifies a clear, structured development path for him. That seems kind of unlikely to happen but we'll see.

Christmas is worth a flyer in the late second round. He is also playing a position too big in college, but we've seen shorter centers like Malik Rose and DaJuan Blair have some pro success. I think he is in that mold, he's plenty strong and athletic to be a big in the NBA, he's just short. Ceiling would be like Brian Grant (seems lofty), floor would be a bust but I think he can settle into a nice bench role somewhere.