Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectIntriguing player to me, great option for a team looking to stash a pick
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=105821&mesg_id=106147
106147, Intriguing player to me, great option for a team looking to stash a pick
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Jun-20-15 03:55 PM
He is 20 or 21 but he won't come over immediately.

I did not see him play with Porzingus for Sevilla but I have seen him play a bit with the lower-level Spanish teams. This guy is in the mold of other great Spanish big like Marc Gasol and Felipe Reyes. Cerebral player, great feet, great passing skills and an all-around old-school big who could still be in today's NBA. A player like Porzingus (big three who can shoot) or a stretch four with good size and mobility will be essential to let this guy flourish, but in the right situation I bet he can be an impact player. Size is fine and IMO you can make up for being less athletic traditionally with a high motor and smarts at any position, and especially at center.

Any of the teams picking 24-30 seem like good fits for him and he will be a good value in those slots. Of course there is a chance he lags coming over and/or never fully establishes himself in the NBA, but we are talking about a late first, not a lotto, and a potential lotto level talent.