Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectShould stick, but needs work on offense to shine.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=105821&mesg_id=106035
106035, Should stick, but needs work on offense to shine.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-22-15 10:16 AM
When his shots are falling? He's good enough to be an NBA starter. Great positional size, good athleticism, good lateral quickness, good defensive IQ, good team player. Problem is his shot comes and goes, and he can't really create shots for himself in the halfcourt at this point. I'm not sure what his role becomes in the NBA if he can't shoot or create, as he was most dominant simply driving straight line in college, but he won't be able to do that consistently against NBA size and talent.

Because he's got a high IQ and he's one of those "good at everything, not special at anything" players, it's hard to say whether he'll stick as a valued piece worthy of starting or as a 15 mpg bench player... but I struggle to believe anyone with that IQ and that size/athleticism will be worse than that. If I had to bet, he'll be something similar to what he was in college-- a guy who simply fills a role as a team player much of the time, but who has the capacity to go off and keep opponents on their toes during any given game.