Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectbut did ONE person say he was the GOAT?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=103936&mesg_id=104058
104058, but did ONE person say he was the GOAT?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed May-27-15 06:45 PM
the highest i saw him ranked was third and that was just one very dedicated fan, who even conceded he could be fourth.

most people had him in the back half of their top 10. is that unreasonable RIGHT TODAY? your own assertion that he is top 5 all time is actually among the most controversial made here or in any respectable place.

don't join in on this gangbang of a strawman.

as far as contingencies, i didnt do that but i understand (c) chris rock. the way people move the goalposts on lebron and actually count his accomplishments *against him* makes that sort of effort to obviate almost necessary, unfortunately.

i agree that if he goes 2 for 6 he won't be the best ever but i mean water is also moist. getting to the finals *should* be regarded differently overall though. it is so baffling to me that people can laugh their ass off at the 90s bills, and then turn around to reveal they are fans of the jets or bengals or some other dead ass team that spent the 90s in the seventh circle of football hell.