Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectYou could have just wrote "I'm mad" and saved yourself 1500 words
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=103936&mesg_id=103937
103937, You could have just wrote "I'm mad" and saved yourself 1500 words
Posted by Oak27, Wed May-27-15 03:24 PM
I got two questions though. I was born in 1988, didn't become an avid basketball fan until 97ish, so maybe an older, wiser gentleman can answer them.

First... why has it taken all this time, up until LeBron James came into the league, for players to have 4 teammates on the court at the same time? I Keep hearing all about how LeBron needed Wade to win his first title, how he needed Ray to win the second, how he needed help to keep getting to Finals after Finals. I'm assuming he's the first person to play with teammates? Why did nobody ever think of this before? Perhaps Jordan could have won 10+ if he had help, perhaps a guy who could shoot the three or someone who could rebound.

And second... why is 2nd place considered worse than 3rd-30th for LeBron but not for anybody else? Perhaps LeBron would be better off if he only went to the Finals the two years he won and then failed to reach them all the other years? Perhaps he'd be better off not making the playoffs at all. Like lets say the best player on his team, lets say a guy who helped him win consecutive titles and won the Finals MVP all those years, lets say he leaves. It must be better for his legacy to miss the playoffs the following year and not make it out of the first round the next two, right? Again, that's a completely hypothetical situation, because that would never happen to someone who is in consideration for Top 5 all time, we know that for sure.