Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectSo it's too early to call this post pointless. But....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=104966&mesg_id=105401
105401, So it's too early to call this post pointless. But....
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Fri Dec-04-15 02:02 AM
It shows so many things to me, and at this point, the biggest part is that the agenda is NOT fulfilled.

Just like thousands on Twitter, everyone who hates the Lakers, along with a few Laker fans who wanted Okafor, wanted to see Okafor continue to be far ahead of Russell this season. Summer league, preseason, and he first few games, it looked like the Okafor riders were going to have their wish granted...but none of them seemed to account for how young Russell is, and they KEPT saying the same shit..."he's not showing flashes" "he's too slow" "he doesn't have any killer instinct."

Yet, anyone who's actually watched games this season will surely notice how much Russell has already improved, just a quarter into the season as a 19 year old rookie PG. And we will also note that his entire game is being limited by Byron and Kobe...his stats alone could be much higher in a better situation.

So yeah...lets go ahead and keep monitoring, but I'm positive that by the end of this season, or even three seasons, the Lakers will NOT regret their decision. I'll stand by that one.