Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectlol, everybody needs to get a grip, I wasn't a huge fan of the Russell...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=104966&mesg_id=105282
105282, lol, everybody needs to get a grip, I wasn't a huge fan of the Russell...
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Nov-13-15 03:37 PM
pick but I wasn't 100% sold on Jah being a franchise player either so I'm willing to way and see.

Honestly I don't really expect anything from Russell this year. The kid is 19 years-old starting at point guard for the Los Angeles Lakers. He's getting more pussy thrown at him than anybody on this board could possibly fathom. You think he's focused 100% on basketball? Hell naw, lol. I just want him to live through this season.

This wasn't going to be competitive regardless so its silly that everybody is harping over every little minute he plays are doesn't play, its all about development. A lot of time young guys that are high draft picks are thrown out there playing 30+ minutes a night on shitty teams and they develop some horrible losing habits that they never recover from. I'm not 100% on board with everything that Byron does but the reality is this a developmental team and he is a developmental coach. If and when guys like Russell and Randle develop and reach their full potential and are ready to compete Byron probably won't be there.