Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthis is where you find the fork....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=6165&mesg_id=6331
6331, this is where you find the fork....
Posted by kinetic94761180, Thu Sep-18-03 05:58 AM
-in the road. chalk it up to preferences again, but a lot of what you said is holding the roots back is what i love about them. it's like i said before about knowing what to expect. this is also a good thing and a bad thing, but i think it's something an artist can't help (it's them being themselves, anything else wouldn't be true, right?) & it's crazy because it's not like no one's ever heard of the roots. what are all of the reasons for them not selling like a nelly, or an eminem? is it JUST the pop angle of it? black thought has all the fundamentals & the best band in the business behind him, so why isn't he noticed like big or jay? is it the label? i've always thought that the roots feel like the extra recognition would be nice, but i don't think they care THAT much. aside from maybe money, i'm sure they're well-stocked in the appreciation dept. but, i agree that they're one radio hit away from that fame. & if they never get it, black thought will still be the best because he's that damn good....