Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectCLOCK WITH NO HANDS, hear me out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40314
40314, CLOCK WITH NO HANDS, hear me out
Posted by MuZiK Macks, Thu Sep-21-06 03:11 PM
I think it has prolly the most commercial sound but might be too mellow for cats to be crazy about if you are tryin to suckafree sunday it (LOL).

anyways, this is video:

the band or just black though is moving out, so the first 8 bars, is showin people carrying shit out of his house or whatever and he is packin other shit up, and he comes across a box of old photos. have BT sit down for a minuet and look through em, and the verse will start when the photos are being shown to the audience.

most of the video will be the pictures, and yall choose the subject of each picture and sorta retrospect yall career, but through the relationships you have built and broken, focusing on one or two characters per verse. obviously they can all be fictional and just have photo actors or whatever, but for each subject you will have parts of the subject flash pictures quickly so it looks like a movie almost. like each picture is taken extremely close to the previous one, know what im sayin? Ive always thought that was a tight effect in videos.

maybe even super impose the "subjects" or actors into old photos of yall from back in the day through out your career. also through in old live clips now and then (not with audio, just get shit that is beatmatched, which is not that hard to do if you do small clips), maybe with the character in the background somewhere off stage (I dont know how much that costs to do tho).

and thats basically it, end it with Black though packin the photos back up and carrying a box out, or you could even have him through the photos away, depending on what kind of characters and situations yall would use. it sorta follows that "alone" vibe that the song is about

and if you like that idea but not the movie aspect, he could just be sitting inside, throwing em in a fireplace or something.

I think if its done right, it could be really powerful

maybe even dramatize through that how every root member became one and how some are no longer, Thats probebly not a possibility tho.

and just to throw people off, have knuckles looking at the photos instead of BT LOL