Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectthe evolution of my Costco trips the last 4 weeks has been fascinating
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=211145&mesg_id=211417
211417, the evolution of my Costco trips the last 4 weeks has been fascinating
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Apr-02-20 05:12 PM
I went the first week in march at the onset of panic buying. People weren't necessarily panicked but on edge, and were stacking 4-5 cases of TP and water. I copped an extra case more in case of a shortage than fear of the virus (i still figured the virus wouldn't pop much)

The next week was FULL panic mode in there. overcrowding, stories of fights in the stores (didn't see any at mine). Limits to 2 cases each, and many shelves racks were EMPTY.

Went about 10 days ago and they were more queued up and organized. I had to wait 45 minutes to get in. They were stocked up on everything except of course toilet paper which ran out in the first hour. Limits of 1 case per member for many items.

Today, a shorter line to get in and about a 10 minute wait. More stock. about 65% of customers wore masks (myself included). last trip it was more like 5%. Also my Costco had an employee test positive last week. Now there's glass up at the pharmacy like at the bank, markers at the check out stands on where to stand. Even the people at the door checking receipts are behind glass barriers.

still no TP

shit's all surreal