Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectwhy does everyone continue to mention white supremacy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208395
208395, why does everyone continue to mention white supremacy
Posted by MiracleRic, Tue Jun-16-15 07:00 AM
when patriarchy and misogyny is alive, well, and eating good as fuck?

so much intellectual dishonesty

so much unchecked bias

so many broad brush strokes and labelling of those that disagree

am i transphobic...most likely...as are some/many advocates for trans folk...but i have zero issues with that movement other than "self-identity" and science being the determining factor of group membership...

i simply think that it's sloppy and problematic and thinks it's way less progressive than we are presenting it to be...i'd rather see gender roles be less oppressive than see them (roles and or mental state) force people into taking hormones and having surgeries...that's the opposite of progression...that's finding new and creative ways to reinforce flawed roles...

people will support trans people but then shit on the Kardashians for their obsession with cosmetic surgery...

in the end...i'm willing to roll with it as long as legislation keeps up but it presents some unique situations albeit small since the trans population is so small but interesting how we can rationalize benefit for the group over benefit over individuals when we want to

sports divisions should also be rearranged/renamed around biological sex even though that was the initial attempt with men/women's divisions