Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjecthere is the thing. Rachel is no Rosa Park (and definitely not a saint).
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208341
208341, here is the thing. Rachel is no Rosa Park (and definitely not a saint).
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Jun-15-15 02:38 PM
Listen if Rachel D. lied on forms to receive benefits for minorities, she is wrong.

If she lied about being the victim of racial harrasment, again, of course she is wrong.

However, so much of the coverage of her being a "racial fraud" isn't based on those facts, so much of it is written has to do with her appearance. Denny in this post made it about her rocking braids.

Folks have even turned the clear virtue of dedicating her work to racial social justice issues of evidence of her fraud. That's ass backwards in my opinion.

I'd thought black people would be weary of the Fox News classic "XYZ is no saint" argument. What do her braids and style of dress have to do with whether she lied on forms or faked racial harrasment complaints?

>Moreover - if you support the exploratory process, plight,
>and rights of trans-gendered people, why do you mock and
>belittle those who identify as transracial?
>
>I'm not particularly interested in the conservative opinion
>here, whereby they think transgendered *and* transracial are
>silly concepts not worthy of equal rights under the law.
>
>I'm more interested in the progressive opinion - whereby in
>one respect, the cause of transgendered people is championed,
>yet on the flip side, the mere mention of transracial is a
>crime worthy of condemnation and clowning.
>
>Do tell.
>
>-->

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're