Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectTry again...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208292
208292, Try again...
Posted by Starbaby Jones, Mon Jun-15-15 12:54 PM
>There are plenty of transwomen who describe themselves not as
>transwomen but just plain women.

Who? I cannot think of a single trans person claiming biological sex. For the purposes of gendered pronouns, of course, they prefer that you use the one that matches their gender expression, but they are not trying to be cis. They know that they are different. The vast majority are seeking an expansion of gender expression. Give me the names of the scores of trans people who are claiming cis gender.

>Infact, a person would be considered a dickhead and a jerk if
>they started pressing the issue and asking about their anatomy
>and what parts they were born with. You know this is true.

Obviously, that is the case, as it's rude to ask about anybody's genitalia. That said, if you have a dialogue with actual trans people, they may or may not change their biological sex. That, however, doesn't affect their gender expression. They can express their gender with or without the accompanying genitalia. Again, they are only seeking to have their gender expression respected, not to r assimilate as a cis gendered person.

> They don't try to act as if they've
>>inherited the struggles of cis men or women, as they have
>>their own. They're only seeking the freedom of their own
>>gender expression. If Rachel Dolezal was aiming at
>expressing
>>blackness as an expansion of racial expression rather than
>>adopting blackness and its legacy of struggle, I could maybe
>>see it for her.
>
>
>Let me get this straight, you would be down for her if she
>HADN'T became an advocate for black people and working towards
>improving the lives of black people?
>
>How ass backwards does that sound?

I was speaking in an extreme hypothetical and you're trying to attach shit to my words that I didn't say. I said, if she were talking about expanding what it means to be black or even notions of racial expression in those terms, I could see having a conversation. That doesn't mean I'd accept it. It means, I'd be willing to entertain a conversation about it. Given the current set of circumstances surrounding her story, comparing her to trans people makes zero fucking sense. Trans people are not seeking to pass for cis people, they are seeking they're own space in the realm of gender expression. That is a completely different thing.