Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectTotal utter self-serving bullshit. One is a thing and the other is not because
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=208012&mesg_id=208143
208143, Total utter self-serving bullshit. One is a thing and the other is not because
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Jun-12-15 07:08 PM
people decided one is a thing and the other is not. But look at history so many things were not things, until people decided they were things.

Transgenderism wasn't a thing. Homosexuality and Lesbianism were not things (both terms are less than a couple of hundred years old).

>Transracial ends up looking like this
>
>http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mHze_WKcIpw/TCnpt2t_zMI/AAAAAAAABaQ/fHveaEXMRrk/s1600/vlcsnap-2010-06-29-14h19m14s71.png

And transgenderism ends up looking like this:

https://loft965.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/dragraceleak.png

mainstreams depiction of either isn't what defines them.

>
>I'll put what I put in the other post...
>
>Transracial Its not a thing...
>People are using transracial to delegitimizatize transmen and
>women. It's akin to the "you want to change one social rule,
>the why just not take away all rules then" argument. Is there
>legitimate transracial movement, activism, community groups or
>any of the things that would mean there is a real group of
>people that identify this way? No... Are there white folks out
>there talking about they felt that they were black when they
>were born and craved whiting when their teeth came in but were
>only served flounder by their white parents who didn't
>understand. No...

Now I totally agree with you that folks are seizing on this too legitimize transgenderism. It is no coincidence that that woman's story is all over the news and peoples facebook streams.

But exploiting the issue doesn't make it less and issue and the opportunism of people on the issue doesn't undermine the logical and moral inconsitency of people supporting one form of self-identification and self-presenting and attempting to negate another form.

And you mock it (like GOP mocks LGBT) bu there have always been people passing and people who identifying with a race other than there own.

>There is Chet hanks who wants to call us niggas and this white
>woman staging hate crimes though.

And why do you think the woman was staging hate crimes? Because the police doubted her story? Weird intersection going on there because people ususally jump all other the police for treating a woman's claim of sexual harrasment so suspiciously. Because it's racial harrasment people have no problem dismissing her claims with little evidence based on police doubt.

>I'm surprised people are taking it seriously. The only people
>entertaining this are people who didn't fully grasp
>transgenderism and now want to spread their misunderstanding
>to other shit they don't understand.
>
>I'll also add that the social stigma around being a
>transgender person is so crazy and dangerous the there really
>isn't much in the way of social benefit in identifying as
>trans, only personal benefit of being happy and healthy.
>
>The opposite is true with race... White who pass are looking
>for a social benefit either from blacks or others...that is
>less about how they feel on the inside and more about seeking
>acceptance and what they gain from others.

Mayne y'all sound like Bill O'Reily talking about how there is there is this great benefit to identifying and presenting as african-american. Seriously, who else argues how being black is better than white in american other than white conservative shock jocks?

Folks should just admit that it's a value judgement. One I consider to be a thing and the other I don't consider to be a thing just because I am cool with one and not the other rather than going into all these contortions trying to craft a logic or moral argument around it.

>___________________________________________________________
>
>
>DJTB YOMM
>___________________________________________________________
>
>
>DJTB YOMM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're