Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectNot sure
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=207458&mesg_id=207747
207747, Not sure
Posted by Marauder21, Tue Feb-19-19 11:40 AM
The details did sound a little on the nose and "too perfect," but I would've thought the same thing if you had told me a bunch of fascists were holding a tiki torch rally at a Confederate statue chanting "Jews will not replace us." Like, a TV show would've been told to turn that down because it's not subtle enough.

There's probably something to be said for waiting for the facts to come in, but that's also something that's become co-opted over the years. How many times do you see a story about a victim of police violence with a dozen Serious Whites in the comments saying that "we need to wait for ALL sides of this story to come out," when what they mean is they want a reason to dismiss this as invalid (which will happen anyway, because by definition, the police can never be wrong in that situation.)

I guess if something sounds too perfect to be true, it probably is, unless it's not? I don't know what lesson to take from this that can't immediately be twisted for some other shitty purpose.