Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectHave none of you ever apolgized for old shit??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=203729&mesg_id=203940
203940, Have none of you ever apolgized for old shit??
Posted by Crash85, Wed Aug-24-16 05:25 PM
Seriously? I can't say I've apologized for some 25 year old shit... But that's because I'm 30... Give me another 15 years and I'm sure I will... I have definitely apologized for some 10 year old shit... Ran into this guy a couple years back at a bar and he told me I had said some fucked up shit to him in junior high, which I didn't even remember... He said he had never forgot that I said this to him and it really affected him after... He let me know he wasn't mad at me and was past it... Like I said, I had no idea... But I knew when I was younger, I talked crazy shit...to everyone... and fought a lot of people over it... This guy and I had seen each other numerous times at bars and restaurants after we were 21... As far as I knew, we were cool... Then one night at a bar he told me what I had said to him... Even though he said he was past it and acknowledged that we were kids, I still apologized, and meant it... Kids/young adults don't understand the power of their words, but as you mature, you can still take responsibility for your wrongs and try to make amends...

EDIT: Shouldn't have said "none"... I meant this for the people that think an apology is unnecessary...