Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectnah i'm just breaking balls.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=203427&mesg_id=203431
203431, nah i'm just breaking balls.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Oct-13-16 02:03 PM
So here's a real discussion on the subject:

I’m this weird racial “gray” without any sense of loyalty to whites or Latinos or anyone else for that matter. Frankly I find it incredibly freeing since it releases me from the burden of all manner of cultural dogma, but there are definite downsides to being on such a cultural island. I’m basically a Tigger.

Because of that I don’t really identify on a personal level with why a man like you would have issues with interracial coupling. On the flip I’ve always held very close relationships with black folks, up to and including my wife and because of that proximity have grown to understand- to whatever degree someone like me can- the implications for blacks marrying/procreating outside of the black community.

Such integration can be a potentially greater detriment to such a historically maligned minority, whereas whites can actually stand to benefit from it. I’m speaking on balance, mind you, and realize there’s a ton of nuance here that I haven’t touched.

For me it’s simple because I lack such attachments. Obviously, having no real cultural home base means I literally can’t marry one of “my own” because I have none.

For you there are entirely different considerations. Since I believe people should choose to date and build families with whomever they choose, that means people should also be free to choose not to marry out and I get why, on balance, many black men and women are uneasy seeing so many choose to marry out.