Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI know he's forcing me to be a hypocrite right now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=191744&mesg_id=191766
191766, I know he's forcing me to be a hypocrite right now
Posted by DVS, Thu Jul-09-15 08:41 AM
When R Kelly was going thru his whatever...I shat all on him. I didn't like him before the (true) accusations...I shit on anyone that rode for his music...fuck that dude and all he produces.

Now Bill Cosby has me in the same position.

Try as I might...I can't discredit the importance of The OG Electric Company....Fat Albert....Bill Cosby Himself....the classic films with Sidney Poitier....Martin's March....Picture Pages...A Different World....The Cosby Show....

I just can't. Those shows formed my childhood and play a great part in the man that I am today.

So now I find myself justifying the same shit that I denounced people for doing with R Kelly.

Granted....we have never fully mined the cultural value of 12 Play.....

I said all that to say that Bill Cosby the man is toast. He needs to retire and deal with the collateral damage...because it in no way measures up to the psychological damage he's done to countless women over the years. I'm not trying to sit and build with Bill Cosby the man.

But his body of work is still important. The lessons I learned by watching a black family that resembled MY family on screen for the 1st time still resonate.

I'm a hypocrite now.

And I'm perfectly cool with that.

Sometimes life isn't simple.

D