Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectHave you ever been offended by the way white people are discussed here?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=181195
181195, Have you ever been offended by the way white people are discussed here?
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM

Poll question: Have you ever been offended by the way white people are discussed here?

Poll result (70 votes)
I'm a POC and yes. (30 votes)Vote
I'm a POC and no (20 votes)Vote
I'm white and yes. (9 votes)Vote
I'm white and no. (5 votes)Vote
Im glad this was posed in poll form... *anonymously votes* (1 votes)Vote
Offended? Not personally but I'd understand if someone were. (5 votes)Vote

181196, hee haw.
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 02:57 PM
181197, lol Did you just call me an ass on the low?
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 03:13 PM
181198, regularly.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 02:58 PM
181199, That post about the last white visitor at your house...
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 03:04 PM
...cracked my face. I wasn't offended and that post didn't prompt this one, but I was hella surprised.

I suspect the rise in OKP conservatism isn't relegated to a select few posters or social issues.
181200, that one was pretty awful.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 03:05 PM
181201, There's some real regressive, hateful rhetoric on this board sometimes
Posted by John Forte, Mon Nov-16-15 03:00 PM
181202, boredom. and the culture of snark.
Posted by double negative, Mon Nov-16-15 03:16 PM
i think is at play
181203, The white people who are here are ostensibly here because they like hip-hop
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 03:03 PM
So I assume they've heard it all before and don't associate themselves with the white folks we do talk about.

White people have the luxury of not being a Monolith (seee I did it right there!)

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Movies I need y'all bastids to see so we can discuss:

Five Star - https://goo.gl/jBHbVv
Appro
181204, here's the thing: I bitch about white people, you bitch about white people
Posted by John Forte, Mon Nov-16-15 03:05 PM
all people of color and most progressive white people bitch about white people, but there's occasionally some real, stormfront-level hatred spewed.
181205, yes.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 03:06 PM
there's a line and it's crossed here too often.
181206, Does that type of talked get beat back? Or is it a pile on?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 03:08 PM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

Appro
181207, some of us get in there and beat it back.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 03:09 PM
181208, What offensive thing did we say about white people?
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Nov-16-15 03:04 PM
when okp starts to mirror my own life.
christ.
181209, i pay attn to your posting because i think youre a smart guy
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Nov-16-15 04:36 PM
And i have never seen reason for you to use "we" in that context. 100% certain the OP didnt have you in mind
181210, thanks, fam.
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Nov-16-15 09:57 PM
i appreciate that.
181211, nope...can't say that I have
Posted by ambient1, Mon Nov-16-15 03:05 PM
181212, lmao... n/m
Posted by Angelo, Tue Nov-17-15 06:46 AM

<-------- definitive proof I never would get with a white girl...

Twitter: @innercity_griot

http://inner-city-griot.tumblr.com/
181213, if they're gonnan be here - soaking up all our cool, we might as well
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 03:15 PM
talk/type freely.

im assuming most of the white that come here regularly are either self hating or think they're cooler than they really are.

and then there's mutha fuckin doug funnie. he's the man.
181214, but you go places we don't go at the barbershop
Posted by John Forte, Mon Nov-16-15 03:17 PM
you express feelings that most of us don't have.
181215, you get your shit cut at the hair cuttery?
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 03:20 PM
181216, this brother don't even get his hair cut:
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 03:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEqa90XpPw0
181217, exactly, i aint been to a barber in years.
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 03:23 PM
and the barber shop gets it in.

if women can get it.

white people gonna get it.
181218, RE: exactly, i aint been to a barber in years.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 03:26 PM
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY3NjY0NjQwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzk4MzQ2._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
181219, yea yea
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 03:27 PM
- i liked the other one more.
181220, lol
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 03:26 PM
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEqa90XpPw0
>
181221, It's funny you think you're cool.
Posted by shockzilla, Thu Nov-19-15 07:47 AM
181222, lol fuck no... its refreshing
Posted by Amritsar, Mon Nov-16-15 03:18 PM
181223, Can yall show some examples of "stormfront" type stuff said about white folks?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 03:20 PM

Appro
181224, good question. i don't think it exists.
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 03:22 PM
181225, RE: Can yall show some examples of "stormfront" type stuff said about white folks?
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 03:22 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12921326&mesg_id=12921326&listing_type=search
181226, or this one
Posted by John Forte, Mon Nov-16-15 03:33 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12922598&mesg_id=12922598&listing_type=search
181227, ^ Yep.
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 03:37 PM
181228, Oh y'all talking about Kwesi?! LOL.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 03:54 PM
I didn't read everything he wrote in both post but I think I can safely say that stormfront level is a huge exaggeration. This dude isn't arguing for the extermination of white folks.

I think he is mainly arguing that they ain't shit. Which is probably true to his experience with them (though it's wrong to generalize to all white people).

Appro
181229, That post said that we are in the midst of a race war. Pure Stormfront
Posted by John Forte, Mon Nov-16-15 03:56 PM
181230, you don't think there's a war against 'black-skinned' peoples?
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 04:58 PM
we always gotta start there.
181231, I read this one at work at 5am.
Posted by denny, Mon Nov-16-15 08:46 PM
I kinda thought to myself....'How should I teach my kids to avoid me. Their enemy/caregiver/oppressor/breadwinner.' So I kinda trolled it by writing a long reply (the first one) pretending I did not understand the spirit of the OP....figuring perhaps that the ridiculousness of the premise may be illuminated by my feigned misinterpretation. Was disappointed by the lack of acknowledgement of my reply...but whatevs.

In anycase, overall I don't get offended much here. In fact...I'd go further in saying that discussions about race here are wayyyyyy more interesting and thought-provoking than any mostly white environment I might find myself in. I don't think it's quite as bad around here that some people are claiming in this thread. I'd much rather talk about race here than with the white people I work with. I want to like the people I work with...so I'm not likely to engage in those types of discussions. Sometimes I disagree with the popular thought here and I lost a friend on here who thought I was espousing racist views. But then I'll find myself in a conversation at work and realize I'm actually pretty extreme in my views (towards the progressive side) as soon as I'm outside the confines of this place which may sometimes classify me as non-progressive.

Personally, I've been simultaneously accused of being privileged and naive about street life AND a hopeless street-bum crackhead. Sometimes in the same thread. I found the either/or nature of that kinda interesting....like it's somehow 'cool' to live the streetlife, unless you live the streetlife.

Some of the comments in this one genuinely offended me though:

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12919554&mesg_id=12919554&listing_type=search

Can't think of another post that offended me that much off the top of my head. So yah, that one bugged me. Couldn't help but wonder the resources and privileges afforded to the people making the comments in that thread. I mean, race isn't EVERYTHING. And such a lack of empathy and sympathy kinda disgusted me. The rockafella laws, mandatory sentencing and racist police enforcement weren't invented and enforced by white, middle-class heroin addicts from New England so I don't see the point in being so vindictive against THEM. But whatevs....

End of day...I don't think the way people talk about white people is problematic here. On the occasion where I see it, I am free to debate it. And mostly, I find the views here a refreshing change from other internet corners. This place really has informed and changed some of my views about race. And I can tell that when I'm in different environments that don't share the accepted paradigms of OKP.

181232, you don't understand how black folks who've essentially been dealing
Posted by kayru99, Tue Nov-17-15 05:07 AM
with a legal system that has been stockpiling our young adult men (mostly) for the past 3 decades might be disgusted at the content of that article? Really?

C'mon, now

181233, REally?
Posted by denny, Tue Nov-17-15 06:21 AM
That's what you got from that? I don't understand why black people are disgusted by racial demographics in prison? Please tell me how I said anything remotely like that.

What I take issue with....is cheering on and celebrating the suffering of addicts because they are white and well-off. Addicts who have nothing to do with the injustices you're talking about.
181234, Those addicts benefit from the injustices we suffer
Posted by kevlar skully, Tue Nov-17-15 07:44 AM

fuck them & their privileges
181235, This is a logical fallacy.
Posted by denny, Tue Nov-17-15 11:17 AM
Let me fix it for you.

Those white addicts do not suffer the same injustices.

There is no tangible way that they 'benefit' from having black people serve unjustly long prison sentences for drug crimes.

What you are saying is essentially the same as saying 'I wish more white people were shot by cops'. And the comments in that thread are the equivalent to saying 'Finally....white people are getting shot by cops too. Good!'

think about it for a second. You are blaming white drug addicts for unjust prison sentences meted out for black people? 'Fuck them?' What do they have to do with it?
181236, Sudden their caretakers care about rehabilitation & not "tough on crime"?
Posted by kevlar skully, Wed Nov-18-15 09:37 AM
Yeah, fuck them from benefiting from a system that will condem people who do exactly they do, but they don't have to be punished for it due to their skin color. Fuck their parents for suddenly finding some empathy... All that

Fuck you and the whitesplaining bullshit you on
181237, lol
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-18-15 10:02 AM
'fuck them for being white'.

Kevlar lives in America. Fuck him for not experiencing chronic persistent hunger as a result of drought.

And FUCK Amy Winehouse. That white bitch. I'm glad she's fucking dead. Too bad she didn't go to jail first. Fuck her.
181238, No, fuck them for enjoying privileges because they're white
Posted by kevlar skully, Wed Nov-18-15 10:30 AM
equating hunger to fucking prisons sentences vs caring rehab... you tried it though
181239, Fuck amy winehouse.
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-18-15 10:34 AM
How many black men had to go to jail for drug offences so she could.....do something or rather. Fuck her for benefitting from being white. Fuck her for BEING white. Fuck white people.
181240, Fuck white people that perpetuate systematic injustices & privileges
Posted by kevlar skully, Wed Nov-18-15 11:46 AM

wtf I'm supposed to feel, "thank god those white kids get to benefit though"....?

Good for them that they get treated well simply because they are white, that is so wonderful for them
181241, SMH
Posted by denny, Thu Nov-19-15 06:09 PM
Amy winehouse and any other white drug addicts 'perpetuate systemic injustices' as much as YOU perpetuate CPH as a result of drought in other countries. Just because you don't suffer CPH doesn't mean it's your fucking fault it happens.

I'm done with this incredibly stupid and inane argument. You're hatred is blinding you from how hilariously dumb this is. You actually think that a white heroin addict is at fault for rockefeller laws and mandatory sentencing.
181242, the article is explicitly about how white people urge for compassion
Posted by kayru99, Tue Nov-17-15 11:17 PM
due to an uptick of heroin usage among white people.

OF COURSE black folks are gonna be like FOH. Shit's an outright dismissal of our humanity, the way it's presented in that article.

181243, It's simple.
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-18-15 04:51 AM
If you see a white person strung out on heroin and say to yourself 'Fuck that guy. I hope he rots in prison'. And you are motivated to say that because of some sort of misguided attempt for vindication of racial misjustices involving the war on drugs......you're racist.

I would presume that you don't say something like that to yourself if you take a second to reflect on it. But who knows? Maybe you do. Maybe you're racist.

I go to NA meetings with lots of black people. Many of them have been in jail. When a white person from a wealthy background joins our group (it happens).....the black people don't say 'fuck that guy. I hope he dies in prison'. They treat him like everybody else. Cause really, the only people who would project that type of baggage on a person so far removed from actual culpability for those unjust circumstances hasn't suffered from addiction or criminality in the first place. It's the kind of thing that comes from sheltered little brats who really have no business aligning themselves with the struggle that REAL and ACTUAL victims of the racialized drug war experience.
181244, you're hearing something completely different from what I and most
Posted by kayru99, Wed Nov-18-15 04:58 AM
others are saying in response to that piece

and you're CHOOSING to do so.

not chasing your inability to empathize with black folks, so good luck with that
181245, Dude.....
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-18-15 05:48 AM
I've said several times on these boards, in several threads.....the greatest social justice issue in America is drug-related incarceration rates for black/latino people. I'm more passionate about this issue than any other in terms of modern civil society. You've got the wrong one. The only reason I'm even up right now is because I'm taking care of a newborn baby who's mother is black and is currently in jail for drug-mule charges. A case for which I was a character witness in the attempt to lessen her sentence. So you can kinda fuck off.

But I'm not going to dismiss the struggles of millions of white Americans who also suffer the consequences of the drug war and addiction. Much less, actively wish them harm......or blame them for the plight of black/latino prisoners/addicts. And that's exactly what people were doing in that thread.

I empathize with everyone involved in this drug war mess.....while acknowledging that black and latino people suffer more consequences than any other demographic. You empathize with black victims while expressing contempt for those who are white. So it's clear as day that YOU are the one with an empathy deficit in this matter. I am not the one who has said 'fuck them' in reference to drug addicts.
181246, show me where i said fuck them in any of my replies.
Posted by kayru99, Wed Nov-18-15 06:12 AM
or even expressed that sentiment?

You can't.
Cuz I didn't.

THE ARTICLE was totally and completely galling for black people who have been victimized by, and fighting against, a pogrom against us for 30+ years. AND THE ARTICLE acknowledges that fact.

Since black people ain't dumb, OF COURSE they're gonna be offended by that.

And to expect people to suddenly divorce themselves from their struggle, which is still ongoing, to stop and empathize with those who, in many cases, have either active oppressed them (the cop from the article) or passively allowed/mocekd their oppression (the dude who *used to* shit on junkies until his daughter OD'D) is inhumane as fuck. And amazingly arrogant.

I feel bad for addicts, but I've BEEN feeling bad for addicts. It didn't require me to know addicts my color to empathize.

For many white people (and definitely those in the article), it's apparently very, very, VERY different when the addict is OTHER
181247, My mistake.
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-18-15 06:40 AM
I thought you made reply 163.

In anycase....I think you're simply reading the article and deciding that I'm somehow supportive of it or something?

I'm not.

I merely stated that the replies in that thread are racist. Which they are. I'm not defending that article or it's contents. I brought the post up because we were talking about incidents of racism against white people on OKP. I'm really not even referencing the article in any way. I'm referencing what OKP'ers wrote in response to the article.

Reply 163 is racist. And so are several of the other replies in the post about that article.
181248, I ain't write 163, but 163 ain't racist. It's actually a true statement.
Posted by kayru99, Thu Nov-19-15 03:19 PM
Cuz racism.

181249, Let's materialize it with a real example.
Posted by denny, Fri Nov-20-15 01:09 AM
Take an upper class, white drug addict like Amy Winehouse. How does she benefit from black people suffering disproportionate convictions and sentences? How is it her fault that this happens? If the disproportionate convictions and sentences were to cease to exist.....how would that 'hurt' Amy Winehouse. What 'benefit' would she lose?

Do you see what I'm getting at?
181250, police forces and the entire prison indust. complex are both almost totally
Posted by kayru99, Fri Nov-20-15 05:15 AM
focused on black and brown communities.

ANY white user in the US absolutely benefits from racist policing and sentencing in the drug war. Because they (the white users) aren't being policed, punished or criminalized in any measure the way THOSE PEOPLE are.

Y'know how much fucked up, racist legislation has been passed in the US under the auspices of the Drug War?

Bruh, c'mon.

EDIT:

Winehouse ain't American, or Upper Middle Class...she was a fucking millionaire
181251, this is a real interesting discussion to me because being from the South
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 03:45 PM
you can literally go your whole life without having white folks in your house socially. That's not on some hate white people stuff, that's on social barriers and protocol in the South.

I remember it being an event when it happened in my household.

It's interesting to hear other people's story in that regard.

Appro
181252, He said that even if he fucked with one socially,
Posted by John Forte, Mon Nov-16-15 03:52 PM
he would not let one in his house. WOULD NOT LET ONE IN.
181253, the church shooting could've been avoided, IF THEY DIDNT LET ONE IN!
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 03:56 PM
181254, Smh
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 04:00 PM
181255, Bwhahahahahahahahahaha... this reply is TRUTH... n/m
Posted by Angelo, Tue Nov-17-15 07:04 AM

181256, Alright but I think y'all are taking him too seriously. Like I read that and
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 04:02 PM
chuckle because I can't see that playing out in real life if, by some long shot, there was really a white person who wanted to go to his house.

>he would not let one in his house. WOULD NOT LET ONE IN.

Appro
181257, or maybe you're taking us too seriously.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 04:10 PM
181258, I'm from the North and from a white suburb
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 04:02 PM
and while we were all up in our white friends houses..

there weren't up in ours.

I think it's rare for anyone Black over 35 who grew up with white kids to have them all in the house when they were growing up.

181259, I think that is true and worth discussing.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 04:03 PM

Appro
181260, i had 'em in my house since i was a toddler.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 04:11 PM
there are pix of my 2 besties from kindergarten at my 6th birthday party. 2 lil white boys all up in the pix cheesing in a backyard full of Black folks (aka my family, neighbors and church members).

181261, why am i not surprised
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 04:25 PM
they got no play at my crib.

Jon Jon was the only one who came inside my house and it prolly cause his step dad was Black.
181262, b/c it's clear from the way i post that i don't have
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 04:28 PM
a sense of white ppl as 'the other'.

so it shouldn't come as any surprise that i've had white friends since i was a small child.
181263, nah,i never got the impression you had white playmates as a toddler
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-15 09:16 AM
I just knew to you would type that you did
181264, what does stormfront mean?
Posted by ambient1, Mon Nov-16-15 03:47 PM
181265, stormfront is a conservative, white supremacist messageboard.
Posted by Mike Jackson, Mon Nov-16-15 03:49 PM
181266, The klan's version of OKP.
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 03:50 PM
181267, thx
Posted by ambient1, Mon Nov-16-15 03:51 PM
181268, But comparing OKP to Stormfront downplays how awful stormfront is.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 04:40 PM

Appro
181269, or it shows how awful OKP has become.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 04:44 PM
181270, the KKK part is all i needed to see lol....but yeah i dont see the
Posted by ambient1, Mon Nov-16-15 04:48 PM
comparison --- as far as posters (basically Kwesi) here offending white folks = kkk messageboard posters
181271, yeah. and how influential white racists are, politically.
Posted by kayru99, Tue Nov-17-15 05:08 AM
181272, Very, founded the country. Codified their values.
Posted by MEAT, Tue Nov-17-15 06:02 PM
Still fight for their principles and rig things they can't outright win.
181273, ..and the Klan is STILL all up and through local and national institutions
Posted by kayru99, Tue Nov-17-15 11:19 PM
heavy

Making policy and affecting lives

181274, Yeah, but this ain't stormfront so that crap don't apply here.
Posted by Case_One, Mon Nov-16-15 04:25 PM

181275, never offended but often highly amused.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Nov-16-15 03:33 PM
sometimes i wonder if ppl deal with real white people or just the boogeymen in their own minds.
181276, i can't believe you people of color are offended for these whites.
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 03:33 PM
where the hell am i??

is this a troll poll like the white girl poll?

must be.

has to be.
181277, when did this place get more conservative?
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 03:39 PM
181278, you know. the older I get....
Posted by double negative, Mon Nov-16-15 03:50 PM
the more I am intolerant of all forms of racism

racism against whites is something I am working on, but, overall I get super turned off when someone says any derogatory comments towards any group of people

*racism at the personal level. come on, you and I both know institutional racism is some other shit
181279, ^ that.
Posted by Mike Jackson, Mon Nov-16-15 03:52 PM
181280, funny since every other post you point out
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 04:04 PM
how you are all about dismantling the white power structure
181281, That'd be cool if racism fit into that ''one size fits all'' box...
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Nov-16-15 04:00 PM
Shit is just not that simple
181282, im not sure if i follow
Posted by double negative, Mon Nov-16-15 04:09 PM
im simply saying

if you and i were kicking it an if you went on a rant about...

"those Arab motherfuckers..."
"those Chinese motherfuckers..."
"those Columbian motherfuckers..."

I'd have to chuck the deuce
181283, And I'm simply saying as a black man, I'd understand why..
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Nov-16-15 04:25 PM
someone would go on a rant saying:

>"those Arab motherfuckers..."
>"those Chinese motherfuckers..."
>"those Columbian motherfuckers..."
>

181284, how does that not apply to everyone vs everyone else
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Nov-16-15 04:42 PM
181285, great point
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Nov-16-15 09:55 PM
181286, cuz whiteness is a political concept in a way none of those others are
Posted by kayru99, Tue Nov-17-15 05:10 AM
181287, thats not what i meant. i worded it poorly. +EDIT
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Nov-17-15 10:55 AM
What im getting at is that his "point" rests on the edge of a cliff of adversarial thinking

At which point everyone of color starts to accept the "white stereotypes" of other ethnicites and only defending their own

Seems like the political whiteness you speak of would smile favorably on BK's post

Edit: Double Negative is the one who wouldnt be ok with anti arab/chinese/whatever rants. BK is saying that he *is* ok with that. Which is where my post came from.
181288, Colombian*
Posted by lfresh, Wed Nov-18-15 05:01 PM
>im simply saying
>
>if you and i were kicking it an if you went on a rant
>about...
>
>"those Arab motherfuckers..."
>"those Chinese motherfuckers..."
>"those Columbian motherfuckers..."
>
>I'd have to chuck the deuce

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
181289, so it has to be commensurate to be wrong?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Nov-16-15 04:24 PM
181290, Racism against whites does not exist
Posted by Musa, Wed Nov-18-15 10:36 AM
goodness yall are so emotional and joe get your facts straight.

181291, Out of all the things to get offended about on here white folks is the last
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Nov-16-15 03:34 PM
181292, Im almost always wondering what janey thinks of it
Posted by rdhull, Mon Nov-16-15 03:50 PM
181293, There are number of OKP's I"ve nearly inboxed in the past...
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 03:55 PM
Just in case they were lurking and caught wind of something foul.

I distinctly remember a post Janey made about a young black guy and a
weird elevator situation that made me want to give her a big hug.
181294, I mean I know she isnt trippin on the content but...
Posted by rdhull, Mon Nov-16-15 04:01 PM
it makes me wonder if it effects her/others willingness to continue to post here or be part of the okp experience etc

naive thinking I guess because the other shit that gets posted here (look at the GD page just today..smh) on the regular that isnt race based, its sometimes smh causing too

>Just in case they were lurking and caught wind of something
>foul.
>
>I distinctly remember a post Janey made about a young black
>guy and a
>weird elevator situation that made me want to give her a big
>hug.
181295, Janey been coming here longer than most folks. She can put it all in
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 04:14 PM
perspective.

Appro
181296, I think thats what I posted/meant..I still wonder if she smh-ding at times
Posted by rdhull, Mon Nov-16-15 04:16 PM
>perspective.
>
>
>**********
>"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then
>they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson
>
>"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
>
>Movies I need y'all bastids to see so we can discuss:
>
>Five Star - https://goo.gl/jBHbVv
>Appro
181297, But then you realized that be doing too much.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 04:05 PM

Appro
181298, lmao
Posted by ambient1, Mon Nov-16-15 04:07 PM
181299, This is true.
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 04:07 PM
181300, Lol
Posted by SimplyHannah, Mon Nov-16-15 04:17 PM
181301, LOL
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Nov-16-15 09:53 PM
181302, janey's a great gal, but she is not the queen mother of this place.
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 04:21 PM
I used to wonder, often, how this older white woman had some how become oversexualized back in the day.

janey had everybody on some other shit. I couldn't get it.

one of my first post was something along the lines of 'I wouldn't touch Janey with a 10 foot pole'

it was made right after she'd share some anal detail. And every nigga was just melting. One after another, whole column of replies of niggas beating they meat.

after I posted it, the place went nuts. people was everywhere crying and covering their eyes and dressing wounds.

all while screaming 'why are you so meaaaaann?'

me and Janey sort of hashed it out (she may not remember this)

I sort of apologized and explained that my young black ass just didn't understand what was going on in these here message boards.
181303, u committed vandalism when folks didnt think you were funny
Posted by rdhull, Mon Nov-16-15 04:26 PM
>I used to wonder, often, how this older white woman had some
>how become oversexualized back in the day.
>
>janey had everybody on some other shit. I couldn't get it.
>
>one of my first post was something along the lines of 'I
>wouldn't touch Janet with a 10 foot pole'
>
>the place went nuts. people was everywhere covering their eyes
>and dressing wounds.
>
>all while screaming 'why are you so meaaaaann?'
>
>me and Janey sort of hashed it out (she may not remember
>this)
>
>I sort of apologized and explained that my young black ass
>just didn't understand what was going on in these here message
>boards.
181304, My DNA wouldn't allow me to apologize to a white person for black ppl's
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 04:40 PM
behavior.

Just.Can't.Do.It.

And I don't consider it a huge failing on my part because, well they going to be alright.

Appro
181305, agreed. i SORT OF apologized.
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 04:49 PM
181306, It's perfectly fine to apologize for yourself.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 05:40 PM

Appro
181307, No, can't honestly say that I have.
Posted by kevlar skully, Mon Nov-16-15 03:53 PM
181308, No, and I don't really think that they're dicussed here all that often...
Posted by SimplyHannah, Mon Nov-16-15 04:06 PM
181309, Okayplayer is obsessed with white people and with hating them.
Posted by GrumpySmurf, Mon Nov-16-15 04:10 PM
181310, I've never gotten that vibe from this place
Posted by SimplyHannah, Mon Nov-16-15 04:14 PM
But there have been some very in depth discussions about racism and race relations and I think it's necessary.
181311, No more than regular black people talk.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-16-15 04:16 PM

Appro
181312, We have to be conscious of white feelings in almost every other space
Posted by SimplyHannah, Mon Nov-16-15 04:22 PM
On and offline, can barely speak openly about racism without "offending" someone. I'm not gonna tip toe on egg shells around here too.
181313, speak on it...
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 04:28 PM
once again, they are doing the man's work for him
181314, You fimme.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Nov-17-15 02:24 PM
181315, which would prolly offend the average white dude at the table
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 04:23 PM
anytime a white person says "black people..." I get ready to go to battle...

181316, man, I swear OKP is bi-polar
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 04:06 PM
181317, I voted fuchsia
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Nov-16-15 04:22 PM
As long as it's not personal I am not going to get offended personally.

And in general I am not one of these people who is overly confrontational about bigotry, whether it's directed at white people or Jews or black folks or Latinos or whomever. I am more the type to let the person cook, then quietly in my mind say "Well I am never smoking that motherfucker out again," or "Well I am done fucking with them!"
181318, I'm generally reserved too but I tend to speak up on these things
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 04:32 PM
Even in confrontation, I'm not going for the jugular...
unless someone's asking for it AND not doing so would
result in a worse outcome.

Edit* I hear you tho.Many times the outrage and subsequent debate aint worth it.
181319, i kinda feel that way, but i don't act the way i do for that reason
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Nov-16-15 06:43 PM
i actually think having a poker face is valuable. if you just get offended at the first ignorant thing someone says, they will probably shut up. no. let them feel free to express themselves. really open the floodgates, let them say what they have to say. there is a slim chance they will redeem themselves and a really good chance they will reveal the full extent of bigot or creep or whatever they really are. why cut them off? it's much more valuable to give them (perhaps a false) sense of security and find out what they REALLY think.

that's actually my problem with this mass outlash against certain racist or sexist sins. it inhibits expression and understanding on both sides. i'd rather know just how much of an asshole someone is, personally.
181320, YES, but this place is so hypocritical and schizophrenic at the same time
Posted by Case_One, Mon Nov-16-15 04:26 PM

181321, no, Im not that much of a humanitarian
Posted by atruhead, Mon Nov-16-15 04:27 PM
we dont live in a world where white folks are victimized for their skin color
inflammatory assholes exist here for sure, but I cant rush to be offended if someone has a legitimate critique of the white race

also, im not easily offended when people slander blacks or me personally. it's the internet
181322, The Op is not talking about the world. It's talking about OKP GD
Posted by Case_One, Mon Nov-16-15 04:52 PM
The fact that you and others can't address this matter that is local to this community is sad.

181323, I answered the question.
Posted by atruhead, Mon Nov-16-15 10:05 PM
181324, ..see?
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 04:51 PM
LOL
181325, *nods yes*
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Mon Nov-16-15 05:17 PM
181326, I'm moreso stuck on the way that black people hate black people here
Posted by Goldmind, Mon Nov-16-15 05:37 PM
That is the most glaring and disturbing observation to come from my occasional visits to the boards. I'm sure we speak in intolerant ways about white people too, but folks' complicity in marginalizing other black people has dominated my attention.

181327, and the poor. and the transgendered.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 05:38 PM
especially the poor.

big ppl too.
181328, It's mostly the same people
Posted by John Forte, Mon Nov-16-15 05:50 PM
181329, shole is.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 05:54 PM
they're lining up in here too. LOL
181330, It's the OKP dogwhistle.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Mon Nov-16-15 05:57 PM
181331, i didn't even have to put WOMEN on the list.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 05:59 PM
b/c that shit is just...beyond.

easily #1 if i were to rank the offensivenesses.
181332, Without question.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Mon Nov-16-15 06:03 PM
So while there has been some side-eye worthy shit said about white/Asian/Latino/fill-in-the-blank people on here, sadly, it doesn't even begin to compare to the disgusting and vile way (black) women are spoken about.
181333, RE: Without question.
Posted by lfresh, Wed Nov-18-15 05:06 PM
>So while there has been some side-eye worthy shit said about
>white/Asian/Latino/fill-in-the-blank people on here, sadly, it
>doesn't even begin to compare to the disgusting and vile way
>(black) women are spoken about.

YEP

lets not get started on the hotep dudes its own very special section
but not to limit it there are SO MANY ways
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
181334, Yep. I saw someone on here criticize "SJWs." LOL.
Posted by Goldmind, Mon Nov-16-15 05:55 PM
It's crazy that black men are using the rhetoric of Trump supporters and men's rights activists. I expected them to start going in on "welfare queens" and "libtards" next.

I don't even want to know where this board is on trans issues. It's like I'm reading the comments section of a Huffington Post article.

181335, right?
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 05:55 PM
181336, did you not see the picture I posted
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Nov-17-15 05:10 AM
of one stormfront poster calling another poster ON STORMFRONT OF ALL PLACES an SJW?

http://imgur.com/XQgxcvY

that shit is beyond logic lol
www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
181337, That shit tripped me out too.
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Nov-17-15 11:54 AM
I've only started seeing "SJW" in the past few months.
And everytime I've seen it used it by a racist/sexist/homophobe/etc.
If you ain't about social justice, I don't fuck with you.
181338, SPEAK.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Mon Nov-16-15 05:53 PM
That offends me far more.
181339, You sir have great observation skills.
Posted by Musa, Wed Nov-18-15 10:31 AM
181340, RE: I'm moreso stuck on the way that black people hate black people here
Posted by lfresh, Wed Nov-18-15 05:05 PM
>That is the most glaring and disturbing observation to come
>from my occasional visits to the boards. I'm sure we speak in
>intolerant ways about white people too, but folks' complicity
>in marginalizing other black people has dominated my
>attention.
>
>

why i <3 you
you ALWAYS come with the real
~~~~
~~~~
181341, I'm white. It is basically impossible to offend me.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Nov-16-15 05:45 PM
One of the things that should come with being white is realizing that you should never be offended when people say negative things about white people.

I'm far more offended by the way women and/or the LGBTQ community are discussed here. That's a different poll, however.
181342, #WhitePrivilege
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Nov-16-15 05:52 PM
181343, ^^^THIS.
Posted by shockzilla, Thu Nov-19-15 07:49 AM
181344, This is a real post
Posted by DJPoke, Mon Nov-16-15 05:54 PM
Amazing.
181345, and you aint a real DJ
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 06:00 PM
181346, He said amazing lmao
Posted by Amritsar, Mon Nov-16-15 06:22 PM
Dude is riveted by this post

Better than the last60 minutes ep
181347, I think he is amazed this post was made...
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 06:40 PM
181348, white people, 'how do the offensive posts' make you feel?
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 06:13 PM
-does it validate/verify your position that blacks ain't shit?
-do you feel like jumping-in and defending your own people?
-do you read in disbelief?
-do you feel misunderstood?
-are you too nervous to reply to these questions?
181349, Interesting and potentially-revealing projections.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 06:15 PM
They seem to confirm what I suspect.
181350, get your black-ass outta here, k?
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 06:17 PM
... come back soon, though.
181351, Very interesting.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 06:23 PM
But I didn't expect the delusion. Dunno how I missed that.
181352, me and your boo mike jack agreed that we no-longer finger point ...
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 06:31 PM
especially about other people's delusions and maladjustments.

I'm on his side.

we're all about seeking and respecting people's truths.

do you have questions for me?

I'm used to you being obtuse and full of inferences, but are you interested in revealing another - more direct - side of yourself?

to me, specifically?

no? of course not.

get your black ass outta here and stop supplying an umbrella for these vultures.
181353, But it shouldn't be surprising, really.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 06:39 PM
upon further reflection it fits in with your whole repugnant m.o. around here. That along with that you suffer delusions about your impact.
181354, you really shouldn't be making this about me.
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 06:42 PM
i dont talk to white people, remember?

dont forget this is an opportunity to start an honest dialogue.

i could easily fold back in the old me with all this attention you're tossing my way.
181355, Like I give a fuck what YOU think about what I should do.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 06:51 PM
181356, are you trolling me?
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 07:00 PM
181357, he be protesting too much?
Posted by rdhull, Mon Nov-16-15 06:20 PM
>They seem to confirm what I suspect.
181358, The juvenile attacks on whitey are intended to disturb them.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 06:27 PM
Meaning they're not exactly close-talk among peers (as some have said in here) but are statements made in knowingly-mixed company. I wonder if the same is true of the bullshit they say about women (especially black ones), the poor, the big, and the other targets of offensive banter around here.
181359, RE: The juvenile attacks on whitey are intended to disturb them.
Posted by rdhull, Mon Nov-16-15 06:30 PM
yeah..his steeze from jump seemed to be as a provocateur/attention getter, even if negative

>Meaning they're not exactly close-talk among peers (as some
>have said in here) but are statements made in knowingly-mixed
>company. I wonder if the same is true of the bullshit they say
>about women (especially black ones), the poor, the big, and
>the other targets of offensive banter around here.
181360, hee haw, you don't think we talk about this out loud in the world?
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 06:32 PM
181361, he's one of the worst on here.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 06:36 PM
181362, he reminds me of deejboram
Posted by rdhull, Mon Nov-16-15 06:41 PM
>
181363, you remind me of this guy:
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 06:48 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/61808653/large.jpg

and please don't think im trying to be offensive.

you literally remind me of the guy in that photo.

and maybe, just maybe - that photo is a joke (as in those are actors).

not unlike what im typing right now.

i typed all that to say ... mods PLEASE BY THE MERCY OF THE LORD DONT BAN ME. im just joking, but not about the questions.

i'm realy trying to type about it, but these people keep trying to remind me of how much of a bamma i could be.
181364, interesting (again)
Posted by rdhull, Mon Nov-16-15 06:52 PM
>http://data.whicdn.com/images/61808653/large.jpg
>
>and please don't think im trying to be offensive.
>
>you literally remind me of the guy in that photo.
>
>and maybe, just maybe - that photo is a joke (as in those are
>actors).
>
>not unlike what im typing right now.
>
>i typed all that to say ... mods PLEASE BY THE MERCY OF THE
>LORD DONT BAN ME. im just joking, but not about the
>questions.
>
>i'm realy trying to type about it, but these people keep
>trying to remind me of how much of a bamma i could be.
181365, are you trolling me?
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 06:58 PM
181366, new question: how you gonna type 'he reminds me of deejbroam'
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 06:50 PM
muthafucka im right here.

a more apt statement is 'you remind me of deejbroam' - replying directly to me.

you typing about me like im not refreshing the shit outta page one.

i think im offended you typing about me like im not 'in the room'

I SUBMIT! ... that's some white shit.
181367, You know?
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-16-15 06:51 PM
181368, we're all here, why aren't you willing to answer the questions?
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 06:37 PM
i think it would be a step in the right direction.

fix this, white guy hanging out in a 'black' environment.
181369, i laughed
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Mon Nov-16-15 10:15 PM
181370, im appalled. what's the point of having whites if they refuse discourse?
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Nov-17-15 05:35 AM
181371, RE: white people, 'how do the offensive posts' make you feel?
Posted by veritas, Tue Nov-17-15 04:15 PM
>-does it validate/verify your position that blacks ain't
>shit?

that's not a position i hold, but certain posts definitely tend to reinforce that *some* black people (like some of all people) ain't shit.

>-do you feel like jumping-in and defending your own people?

i feel like trying to create a multi-perspective dialogue if there's any real conversation being had.

>-do you read in disbelief?

every now and again.

>-do you feel misunderstood?

from time to time but if there's a real conversation in the "offensive" post a lot of times i think i convey a perspective that's helpful to some people.

>-are you too nervous to reply to these questions?

nah. and i often appreciate the offensive posts honestly. it's nice to have a broad range of opinions and read perspectives that i don't usually get. even if they're ignorant and terrible, it's a perspective that's out there and part of the marketplace of ideas.
181372, bemused, more than anything.
Posted by shockzilla, Thu Nov-19-15 07:56 AM
>-does it validate/verify your position that blacks ain't
>shit?

um, what? is this projection?

>-do you feel like jumping-in and defending your own people?

lol. from what?

>-do you read in disbelief?

often. but that goes for a lot of posts here.

>-do you feel misunderstood?

no.

>-are you too nervous to reply to these questions?

lol. no. why?
181373, I see YT okp's as Upski Bomb The Suburbs types
Posted by j., Mon Nov-16-15 07:07 PM
Remember him and that book?
One of his points is that most YT into hip hop or familiar with POC do their best to disassociate themselves from YTness, he talks about how he was "the cool white boy" when he got into Hip Hop.
this was the late 80's/early 90's when "wigger" was a thing

Unlike some/most POC OKP's, I didn't grow up with YT, my contact with them was very limited. Even the figures of authority in my youth (teachers, cops) were Latino like me. I had like 2 or 3 YT HS teachers my whole time there.

To me YT were to be seen on TV or as tourists on south beach, they were these exotic creatures. We had about 10 YT kids at my HS and they all tried so hard to blend in we called them WISH (Wish they spoke Spanish)

Some of the shit that gets posted on here about YT has me like "why u mad tho?" But again, I never got called names from YT kids or had racial profiling incidents because where I'm from everyone looks and talks like me.
181374, I think we need some 'better' whites. i heard it's some whites out there
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 07:08 PM
doing amazing work for the struggle.

like the plantation tour guide who snitched out all the white tour guests on twitter:

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/06/30/418834839/a-slave-plantation-tour-guide-recalls-awful-questions-from-white-visitors

why aren't our (okp) white's doing shit like this for 'us'?

we know damn well they're out in the field, and know how whites talk to each other in non-mxed company.

there's is one white that married a black, and he talks back to his white father about shit. and i enjoyed reading that, i think.

but by and large, our whites are primarily inactive in the struggle.

i think the whites we have like to yuck it up, and catch up on slang while they're here.

how do we feel about that?
181375, over the summer, i used to go to south carolina as a child.
Posted by Kwesi, Mon Nov-16-15 07:11 PM
one day i found myself plaing with a little white kid.

we were in the dirt.

the white kids mom yells to him something like 'junebug, where are yoooou?'

the boy yelled back at his mother - in front of me:

'im just over here playing with this niigger!'

i was stunned, but not shocked.

i was prepared for the bullshit.

i ut my dirt down and walked away.

that little white boy aint mean no harm toward me when he said that.

but the culture he belonged to enveloped him so much, he literally couldn;t escape it.

we were like 6.
181376, yeah i was first called a nigger by a playmate
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Tue Nov-17-15 10:18 AM
i wasn't even mad at him, i was mad at his parents
181377, Much more offended by
Posted by RS, Mon Nov-16-15 07:24 PM
Niggas putting on capes trying to save them.....
181378, Basically...
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-16-15 09:51 PM
181379, sometimes my gut reaction to blanket generalizations is negative
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Mon Nov-16-15 08:51 PM
but then i think about all the systematic horrible shit my folks have done to people they deemed inferior in the name of greed im like well fuck em
181380, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA... NO followed by WAT
Posted by Kira, Mon Nov-16-15 08:53 PM
Offended by what?

Look a lot of us have dealt with far, far, far, far, worse in real life than the manner in which we discuss white people on here.

We discuss racist jerks and habitual line steppers. I've yet to see a kill whitey post on here. Why? BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE BETTER SHIT TO DO THAN POST that filth.

*looks at poll results*

CRY ME A FUCKING RIVER, BOO HOO.

I remember this one coked out Canadian dude used to always rail against the way we spoke against white people. Other than that, I can't think of anything wrong anyone has said.
181381, Really?
Posted by denny, Mon Nov-16-15 09:04 PM
You must be referring to me. Have I really objected to things that much? I would say occasionally...but you make it sound like I'm always doing it?
181382, Are you B#####?
Posted by Kira, Mon Nov-16-15 09:20 PM
>You must be referring to me. Have I really objected to
>things that much? I would say occasionally...but you make it
>sound like I'm always doing it?

Unless you're ###### in disguise, NO, I'm not talking about you. The person I'm talking about was real, real, real, extra with the shit. He had issues that he needed to address to people in person with the same level of underhanded disdain he displayed online.

I don't follow anyone's posts on here to know if it's that bad. Only the habitual line steppers really stand out. You're cool as far as I'm concerned.
181383, My bad.
Posted by denny, Mon Nov-16-15 09:57 PM
I completely forgot about Bartek. He posted before my time. I saw 'coked up Canadian' and figured it had to be me. I saw him make alot of shitty messages before he left though. And yah....Dude was an outright racist. Apologies
181384, All love on this side. *daps*
Posted by Kira, Mon Nov-16-15 10:00 PM
181385, Lmao he's talking about bartek, u aren't the only coked out Canadian
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Nov-16-15 09:52 PM
To have posted here
181386, tek is coked out, den is cracked out
Posted by rdhull, Mon Nov-16-15 10:01 PM
>To have posted here
181387, this is a hella funny reply
Posted by kayru99, Tue Nov-17-15 05:15 AM
181388, Hit dogs always....
Posted by RS, Tue Nov-17-15 11:50 AM
...holler....
181389, no
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Mon Nov-16-15 09:01 PM
>
181390, Compared to them discussing the prices of my ancestors, Okayplayer is tame.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Nov-17-15 12:10 AM
181391, lol not really until i read this thread
Posted by sndesai1, Tue Nov-17-15 01:18 AM
181392, Black folks by skin colour only
Posted by Angelo, Tue Nov-17-15 07:13 AM
who stay 'caping' for recessives sicken my stomach greatly...

'Not all skin folk, are kin folk' ~ Zora Neale Houston

181393, damn
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-15 09:13 AM
181394, Damn straight
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Tue Nov-17-15 09:19 AM
'Not all skin folk, are kin folk' ~ Zora Neale Houston
181395, nah, the other part...
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-15 10:13 AM
181396, i hope i have played at least a small part
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Nov-17-15 09:16 AM
in making any of your internal organs sick.

i'm sad it's only your stomach though.

gotta keep at it, i guess!

181397, LOL
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Nov-17-15 09:47 AM
181398, Basically came in here to post this
Posted by stattic, Tue Nov-17-15 11:54 AM
181399, the fact that this shit gets cosigns is sickening
Posted by John Forte, Tue Nov-17-15 02:28 PM
181400, MASSA, WE'S SICK???
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Nov-17-15 02:32 PM
'oh no ... massa and me is sick'
181401, even tho you're a rightfully self-loathing piece of shit, I'ma break it down 4 U
Posted by John Forte, Tue Nov-17-15 02:39 PM
The objectionable part is the "black in skin color only" the second a nigga start talking about you ain't really black, you can rest assured, he's an idiot.

and as far as the self-loathing part, I mean you hate yourself, the individual. I'm not even sure you love Blackness or black people so much as you hate white people. I guess it makes sense that hate would be your primary motivator. That's the only level you seem to operate on. You're a sad man.
181402, ^ broke it down.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Nov-17-15 02:41 PM
181403, while you're here, you mind convincing your white buddies to start
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Nov-17-15 02:52 PM
this dialogue?

i posted some questions further up that i'd REALLY like the answers to.

think you can help me out?

thanks.
181404, pretty much.
Posted by Mike Jackson, Tue Nov-17-15 02:43 PM
>The objectionable part is the "black in skin color only" the
>second a nigga start talking about you ain't really black, you
>can rest assured, he's an idiot.
>

It's not like any Black ppl get to
"Opt out" of racism.

I don't even know that it would even be possible to opt out of Black culture, if one were so inclined.

A person can be a sell-out,
but they are certainly still Black.

181405, you clowns are opting out of the revolution left and right.
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Nov-17-15 02:50 PM
you can totally be black only in skin color.

can't opt of racism? some of you in here are so in love with white people, you'll take any opportunity to give them the benefit of the doubt. you wont even know you're being bamboozled. and i think you like that.

laughable.

really.
181406, k.
Posted by Mike Jackson, Tue Nov-17-15 03:28 PM

181407, dog, you have no clue how much i enjoy reading shit like this.
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Nov-17-15 02:51 PM
keep going PLEASE!
181408, lmao at asking if OKP's have ever been offended...
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-15 09:19 AM
181409, Haha right
Posted by Paps_Smear, Tue Nov-17-15 10:55 AM
Every other post someone is offended by something
181410, Offended... not really. Disappointed, saddened, frustrated... sure...
Posted by TheAlbionist, Tue Nov-17-15 10:30 AM
Disappointed that adults subscribe to "2 wrongs make a right"
Saddened that people can hold hate in their heart for anyone they've never met.
Frustrated that "balancing out" racism just perpetuates racism for everyone and gives the real racists the excuses they're perennially looking for.

To be fair, OKP is mild on this front though. I occasionally lurk TheColi and LAWWWWWWD. Sometimes they actually DO manage to offend.
181411, Nope. Because I get on other sites. Read YouTube comments
Posted by MEAT, Tue Nov-17-15 10:57 AM
Read reddit
Read any political article
Read any article on a black killing
I'm good on feeling bad for how white people are talked about on a small message board on the internet compared to how black people are talked about on the larger internet footprint and in public.
Like real good.
181412, Fimme
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Nov-17-15 02:39 PM
181413, Agreed.
Posted by denny, Tue Nov-17-15 04:42 PM
181414, Basically the whole net on some anti-black what about white feelings
Posted by kevlar skully, Wed Nov-18-15 09:33 AM
Shit

Can we have a few spaces that's not about white feelings all the damn time?
181415, I can probably youtube a baby panda video and see racist comments
Posted by DJPoke, Thu Nov-19-15 02:38 AM
That's why I am so amazed that this post was made. And actually being cosigned.
181416, A+ post would read again.
Posted by ShinobiShaw, Tue Nov-17-15 11:24 AM
If you are an equal opportunity hater like me you hate all the dumb shit races do in this world.

181417, No, even when I disagree with some of it I'm not offended.
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Tue Nov-17-15 11:39 AM

DJTB YOMM
181418, just came here after reading a Reddit post about BLM
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Nov-17-15 11:42 AM
yeah fuck no

i love it here.
181419, Was it the one that made the Best Of list?
Posted by MEAT, Tue Nov-17-15 02:36 PM
181420, It was the one about the MN fwy getting shut down by protesters
Posted by Amritsar, Wed Nov-18-15 10:07 AM
That one and the post about BLM saying how the Paris attacks took media attention away from them ( which in my opinion is kinda dumb on the part of BLM) but still, the comments in both posts were eye opening

I don't really go to reddit for race discussion, just for the memes and talk nba. So seeing that was a good reminder about how these young demons really look at e situation -- even the so called left liberal ones.
181421, When did OKP get so conservative? When did we get so easily offended?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-17-15 11:57 AM

Appro
181422, at 11:23 AM on July 8, 2005.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Nov-17-15 12:06 PM
181423, what happened?
Posted by melmag, Tue Nov-17-15 02:36 PM
181424, OKP got conservative and easily offended.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Nov-17-15 02:40 PM
181425, I remember that day vividly. I was wearing a brown suit.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-17-15 04:46 PM

Appro
181426, yes but what color drawers?
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Nov-17-15 05:37 PM
181427, commando.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-18-15 05:11 PM
>

Appro
181428, only when we start getting in to "whitey" epithets and shit
Posted by veritas, Tue Nov-17-15 12:04 PM
Esp when directed at okps.

181429, Well done white OKPs for not taking the bait
Posted by IceburgSmurf, Tue Nov-17-15 03:59 PM
you have passed the test. Periodically we make posts like this to lull you into thinking you can voice white opinions here so's to catch you slippin.

None of you fell for the bait, well played!!!

Don't get too comfortable or we'll get you next time!!!
181430, LOL
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Nov-17-15 04:00 PM
181431, im confused - why is this sentiment funny to you?
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Nov-17-15 04:53 PM
im not being a bamma right now. im really curious where the humor stops and the hurt starts for you.

essentially he's typing 'all white people shut the fuck up'

dont that make you sad, too?
181432, Made the whole post worthwhile.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-17-15 04:46 PM

Appro
181433, nope, there's one joker up there. answering questions
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Nov-17-15 04:51 PM
like i give a fuck.

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12929396&mesg_id=12929396&page=#12930565

.. hey guy, just joking. i give a fuck.
181434, you can say whatever you like. we have no delusions..
Posted by ndibs, Wed Nov-18-15 09:35 AM
that you have nothing but warm and fuzzy ideas about black people.
181435, archive
Posted by ShinobiShaw, Wed Nov-18-15 12:41 PM
181436, ha!
Posted by lfresh, Wed Nov-18-15 05:05 PM

~~~~
~~~~
181437, This was just a test of the Emergency Alert Negro Broadcast System
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Wed Nov-18-15 05:51 PM
This was only a test. We will now go back to regularly scheduled programming.

DJTB YOMM
181438, I for one enjoy this place cuz it's majority black folks and I can connect...
Posted by Big Kuntry, Tue Nov-17-15 06:17 PM
wit my peoples from different backgrounds & perspectives.

I think to stifle people's voices on race, religion, sex cuz you don't agree is
just as stifling to this place as this outdated layout.

While y'all can be ridiculous I don't think anyone here signs on wit the intent to hurt anyone, folks just wanna break & to speak.
181439, have u ever seen a pic post? Majority black may not be accurate
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Tue Nov-17-15 11:45 PM
181440, Have you participated in a pic post?
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Wed Nov-18-15 12:17 AM
I feel like I might've got a glimpse of you before I left OKP and
came back but I might be mixing you up with blaizedblack (sp) too?
I remember okgays not being big on participating in general...

I think this site is primarily black but non-black okps seem more
likely to tie their faces to their posts...with obvious exceptions :-)
181441, yup, a lot of these posters arent black
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-18-15 08:34 AM
181442, but the majority still are
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Nov-18-15 09:06 AM
181443, no doubt... but i thought this place was 95% black until pics went up
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-18-15 09:19 AM
a good 5 to 10 people I thought were black were something totally different.

ionno... I feel like this place was built/created by people who like the Roots, Common, Mos, Badu and their music is all about Blackness...

so if you are here you kinda know what's up and where the convo will go at times.

181444, yeah, for sure
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Nov-18-15 10:31 AM

>so if you are here you kinda know what's up and where the
>convo will go at times.
>
>
181445, i think thats why pic post are always on some oh shit, he isnt black?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-18-15 10:37 AM
because white people aren't up in here clutching anytime there is a convo about white people or the convo gets real black.

181446, there used to be an (at least) annual 'KiloMcG aint black?' post
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Nov-18-15 12:31 PM
or reply around here. now there's so few posters i think everyone knows.

except kwesi, he just learned that bit of information a couple weeks ago.
181447, *throat slice motion*
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-18-15 12:34 PM
-
181448, hey boo
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Nov-18-15 12:41 PM
181449, how was your day?
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-18-15 05:34 PM
181450, not bad. and you?
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Nov-18-15 06:07 PM
181451, I think people pretending their voices are being stifled is some hilarious shit
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-18-15 12:08 AM
it's blatantly untrue, but it's the only card they can play.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
181452, white people should consider it a privilige to hear what we really
Posted by ndibs, Wed Nov-18-15 09:33 AM
think of them. so i'm not going into pc mode like i might at a job where there's white people around.
181453, you seem reasonable. why do you think the POC are crying
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-18-15 11:55 AM
for the white's who may, or may not be offended by what they read?

who are the POC trying to impress?

what internal urge are they satisfying?

are they trying not to turn the whites away?

why do they think we need them here?
181454, I remember getting into it with BigBlakAfrika (sp?)
Posted by Backbone, Wed Nov-18-15 09:50 AM
I got some much needed education, and in retrospect (this must've been like 15 years ago) I'm more thankful than offended.

Since then, the few times people on here went from criticizing whiteness to hating on white people, I could easily shrug it off as an incident.
181455, Lol yall niggas
Posted by Musa, Wed Nov-18-15 10:29 AM
smh
181456, 43% of white folks surveyed think White folks suffer discrimination just
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-18-15 05:22 PM
as bad as other racial groups.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/17/white-americans-long-for-the-1950s-when-they-werent-such-victims-of-reverse-discrimination/

Appro
181457, how do you explain a black guy making this post?
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-18-15 05:24 PM
181458, 43% of white folks and 60% of black OKPers.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-18-15 05:27 PM
Also for the folks comparing OKP to Stormfront, there is this

http://www.dailydot.com/crime/racist-online-forum-hate-crime/

I don't think this place has driven anyone to hate crimes.

Appro
181459, you seem like you've thought about this. what's the percentage of white
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-18-15 05:31 PM
okps?

lurkers included.

i'd also like to count okps with white mothers. what's that percentage?
181460, which is just so fucking stupid - but it speaks to
Posted by shockzilla, Thu Nov-19-15 07:58 AM
the fact that most white people simply don't know POC, I guess.

and that they're fucking babies.
181461, Just for the record - to all the folks expressing their righteous indignation...
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Wed Nov-18-15 06:02 PM
Taking offense to inflammatory speech is not synonymous with
promoting the notion that white people suffer from racism.

Nor is it advocating censorship.

*Bows and exits*
181462, /post
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Nov-18-15 06:14 PM
181463, what was the point of this post?
Posted by Big Kuntry, Thu Nov-19-15 03:22 PM
181464, this is what i want to know.
Posted by PROMO, Thu Nov-19-15 03:25 PM
181465, Harmless curiosity. Does their need to be a point to any of our posts?
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Thu Nov-19-15 05:59 PM
This was a poll. Nothing more.
181466, mistaking there for their is more offensive than slandering whitey
Posted by atruhead, Thu Nov-19-15 06:26 PM
181467, grammar policing in this conversation is for sissies
Posted by Kwesi, Thu Nov-19-15 06:28 PM
181468, Lol Agreed. I've been slipping hoard lately. *Cuffs hands behind my back*
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Thu Nov-19-15 06:31 PM
181469, Not "offended" but the obsession got old years ago.
Posted by GrumpySmurf, Thu Nov-19-15 06:41 PM
181470, BLUE.
Posted by Castro, Fri Nov-20-15 12:37 AM