Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectSlightly OT, but I wasn't gifted at ALL as an athlete
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=176461&mesg_id=176577
176577, Slightly OT, but I wasn't gifted at ALL as an athlete
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Fri Nov-20-15 01:37 PM
I was always super short, and I was only slightly quick...definitely not quick enough for my height. Plus, the asthma ALWAYS made me tired from running hard.

I ain't make the B-Ball team from 6th-10th grade. Yet, I played damn near every day, and naturally got better and better. By 11th grade, I had given up, yet I realized I was still better than a lotta folks my age and even older, just from the consistency of it all. I played heeeella video games as well, and I feel like I even read the game from thinking like it was a game...such as, "I should half court trap this play, like I always do on NBA Live."

But....in the last 12 years, I don't think I've played 25 times, and I'm completely over the top garbage. And I actually want to get good again, at 30, SOLELY because of the fact that I might have a son! I can't be trash, and my son can't beat me in one on one until he's at least 13-14!!! Oh...and not just that, I gotta be able to beat my wife/girlfriend's brothers and uncles if they wanna challenge me.

Do y'all think I can even get into a decent 16-18 year old level of skill, even if my athleticism ain't what it was then? I'm way stronger, but just way, way way out of shape.