Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectSome I agree with
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=47019&mesg_id=47112
47112, Some I agree with
Posted by Dae021, Thu Jun-09-05 08:04 AM
The fact that at somepoint when you become famous or well known there is responsibility that comes with it. There is a large responsibility that comes with being "The Funniest Man Alive" type shit.

But that's what famous comedians have done forever. Make fun of our culture, white people, any and everything. This particular instance happens in a time where a varied audience has a chance to get access to it. Through the medium of cable a priviledged population of people have access to it. So yes some of the poorer people would not have access to it.

But my thing is this, he only in some instances talks about poor blacks. For the most part it's the famous blacks (Rick James, Wayne Brady, Prince, Lil Jon, R. Kelly, Dame Dash) and the stuff that people identify with them. Yes he has Tron, and Tyronne, but take away a couple of skits do you really feel he's completely talking about lowerclass ghetto "niggas".

By his flippant use of the nigga does it give white people license to use it more then they should no! Will they do it, if they think it's funny yes. Should he take responsibility for that YES.

My usage of the word nigga in the last response was for effect. You know I use it in real life, but not that much that was merely for effect.