Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: i saw tribe at love, the biggest club in dc and...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=90521&mesg_id=90619
90619, RE: i saw tribe at love, the biggest club in dc and...
Posted by Elprezzo, Sat Oct-06-07 05:06 PM
dude is trippin saying tribe didnt matter...Im from LA so of course everyone was banging doggystyle, but after that most people had tribe...people forget that Low end theory sold between 1 and 1.5 million copies WHEN it came out, and Midnight Marauders sold 1.3 mil...by contrast Enter the 36 chambers didnt even go gold till years later...bottom line tribe was a real popular group in 93' 94' and Actually Tribe was the most mainstream out of all the native tongues cats...

...About Lupe forgetting the lyrics to electric relaxation--- WHO CARES!!

Rappers forget their own lyrics ALL the time...and its been a lot of cats on the hip hop honors shows that didnt know the words to the Honoree's songs they were performing too so dont just single out Lupe...Do You pimpin, and its perfectly understandable for some1 to grow up on Spice1 Nwa etc and comeout rapping like u do...

people nowadays think "underground" or "backpack" is a genre of rap now...And when I was growing up, Underground just meant you werent getting mainstream radioplay...so called Underground mixshows is where I first heard everything from early biggie and Nas, to UGK's Pocketful of stones and Scarface's the diary, to ras kass, Freestyle fellowship and souls of mischief...and ALL these artists and albums shaped how I rhyme today...

Fans need to stop assuming what the person behind the artist is like, because you will keep disapponting yourselves when you find out your so-called heroes dont listen to the same shit as u...