Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: Okay.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=76162&mesg_id=76228
76228, RE: Okay.
Posted by AquamansWrath, Thu Mar-08-07 04:46 PM
(Overall, even though I disagree with it I can work with you feeling like you're better versed to judge music because you're a musician (though we have nothing to go on for that except your word; I'm a trusting sort.) I can work with you discounting my opinion off the bat because I'm white. )

I didn't say I'm better versed... I never said that... what I said was to be clear... is that my insight counts...
and if your talking about driving a bus...
who do you speak to... a cab driver or a bus driver?
it's pretty simple homie.

(But I can't work with you feeling as though you're entitled to comment on music you have never listened to.)

Huge ASSumption don't you think?

( Considering various statements you've made ('blues was our only voice;' questioning why the CIA wasn't mentioned in 'Cocaine Habit Blues,' questioning the actual existence of non-blues/jazz forms of Black expression in the 1920s and 1930s) etc., it's pretty clear that you're not familiar with music of this era (outside of Robert Johnson))))

Actually that's not what I said... I listed various forms of black music... from jazz to blues...
you harped on one sentence cause that's all you had. And then you brought up Jug music... which depending on how you classify it...
haha... either way... My statement still stands.
Cause again, whether jug music or jazz... it was a reflection of the people who made it was it not? Are you telling me there was no racism or poverty in the south?

(, and that you don't feel that you need to be in order to voice any opinions on it.)

ASSumptions again?

(And aside from how it afects the discussion, I think it's a shame because the music is great.)

That's great. We are all glad to hear it.

(So I've said about all I can say. Thanks for the convo.)

Which honestly wasn't much.
Thanks.
LOL.