Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: Who in the Bay...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=7376&mesg_id=7519
7519, RE: Who in the Bay...
Posted by encore, Mon Jul-19-04 04:59 AM
>The only thing I ever said you might have bitten from the
>GoodLife was the idea that any battle rap must be 100%
>freestyled. And yes, that is a new jack concept.

You have no idea who I am or who I was back then. I didn't fuck with the Goodlife like that. If you listened to my music, you'd know my shit ain't even in the same vicinity of what they do. To completely different paths. And again, battling in the bay was completely different than battling anywhere else on the planet.

>And who am I? Someone who knows enough about the Bay that if
>you would have been speaking with your neutral
>contemporaries at the time of the KMEL battle that they
>would have laughed in your face for thinking that Hiero took
>it. And you know that too.

You know what's funny about this whole shit? I listened to that shit last night and there were aproximately 3 good rhymes throughout that whole exchange. Saafir got one off, Cas got one off near the end right after Saafir came weak with the accepella. And Mike T was aiight. But other than that, the shit was weak. Period. If you think rhyming off beat and repeating lines is dope, FREESTYLE OR NOT, then that's on you. You thought it was hot and saafir ripped. I thought it was weak and have SEEN the affect it has had on our scene and KNOW that no one won. Hiero looked bad, Hobo looked like they couldn't rhyme, and the bay looked like a bunch of backstabbing ass haters. Straight up.

But you know me and my neutral folks, right?